Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Supported Apache version for DMS?

sandeep_kumar60
Participant
0 Kudos

HI all

We are in plan of installing the DMS server on a separate machine , as i gone through the installation guide , its of very old guide which was not updated from long back.

i have a query regarding the Apache Web server version required to install the DMS.

iam planning for the latest contentserver which is of 6.40

my operating system is of HP-UX 11.31.

As per the guide "The version of Apache web server  2.0.52 " is required  , which i cant find it in any location related to HP-UX of Apache.

Can you pls guide me which version is compatible for installing the Content Server (DMS) on HP-UX 11.31.

Regards

Kumar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

diego_santos
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

Use the latest Apache version of Apache.org website.

Then: 

• Use Apache Source distribution from www.apache.org, instead of Apache binary distribution.
  • Always use native compiler to compile Apache of your platform, that is, use native compiler of HP-UX. Consult your System vendor.
  • You have to build 64 bit Apache to load Content Server modules.

For this, you have to set Compiler and Loader flags properly.

For this, please refer note 664384.

This note describes generation of Apache for different UNIX flavours.

• Verify the SAP note 335515 : 'Bad magic number for shared library' and '0509-103   The module has an invalid magic number'
  • Mod_Sapcs.o is a 64-bit module and cannot be loaded with 32-bit apache binaries

Regards,

Diego

Former Member
0 Kudos

As far as I know, you can use the latest Apache 2.0 version which is 2.0.65. Either the precompiled binaries provided by your OS vendor or by compiling one yourself. SAP Content Server 6.50 is in the works but I don't know if it will support newer (2.2/2.4) Apache versions. Maybe can comment?

Former Member
0 Kudos

As of SAP Content Server 6.40 Unix Patch #10 Apache 2.2.xx is supported as well. I guess that gives you more options. See SAP note 1710193 for details.

https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1710193