cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

URL contains no complete domain specification

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Expert,

I have met some error when I tried to do configuration. However, I got some error here as I provided below:

URL contains no complete domain specification (mpsap instead mpsap ..)

And the error title is:500 SAP Internal Server Error

What does it mean and how do I fix this error? I just read some relevant sources by SCN. Some of them show the error are not to efficiently set up FQDN. I am not sure whether it is right because it seems to stay within domain. But I try not to let it stay within domain because of some security issue. If not, what's the error?

Thank you and best regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

former_member183788
Active Participant
0 Kudos

George,

1)For the above error:

Execute transaction code SICF > navigate to your application node > Error Pages > Logon Errors > System Logon > Configuration. Look for Actions During Logon area,  select either, Do Not Switch or Do Not Display Warnings. Both of these options will disable the error messages.

Logon to the normal client and RUn SOLMAN_SETUP and give the correct roles for the user.

2)For hostname issue do the below:

You would need to maintain FQDN entry in hosts file of your computer. If it is already maintained then please check if correct entry is maintained along with IP address, hostname and FQDN.

3)Activate / Enable HTTPS in SAP

a. Ensure the SAP Cryptographic Library is installed / maintained on your SAP system. If not installed, please follow this link for the installation, http://itsiti.com/install-update-sap-cryptographic-library-on-as-abap.

b. Go to transaction code SMICM > Goto > Paramaters > Display. Note on the icm/server_port_xx parameter that been defined.

c. Then, execute transaction code RZ10. Enter the parameter icm/server_port_xx (xx = use for the available/free port – based on step 2). Defined as per below and restart the instance.

icm/server_port_xx = icm/server_port_0 = PROT=HTTPS,PORT=xxxx

d. Once the SAP system is up, go to transaction code STRUST. Create PSE file on each node.

e. Execute transaction code SMICM > Goto > Services. Tick on box of HTTPS and go to Service > Activate.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Goerge,

also remove the # for other 2 ip adress.

did you follow the pre-requisites before installation.

did you set the JAVA_HOME environmental varaible?? and

have you assigned the static IP adress ??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi George,

Did you take a look at ST22 and SM21 at your SolMan? If you look at the screenshot of the 500 error it is signaled that this is a core dump of type RABAX_STATE. Anyway, you should check first what other guys also pointed out about FQDN.

Regards,

José M. Prieto                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

The 2 pictures showed below is what I have now.

I'm not sure whether it works or not.

thank you and best regards

former_member183107
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check that SMICM http port is active.

Do you have fire wall between the solman and your pc. If yes have you opened the http port .

Please port icm logs and SMICM service screen shot.

Is the url generated with fully qualified host name or just the host name?

Please also check the below parameters.

Create the following profile parameters in the instance profile:

1.       icm/host_name_full = fully qualified server name

This parameter must be attributed to the fully qualified server name (for example,

wdfd002568.wdf.sap). The name must contain at least two periods, see also SAP Note 434918.

1.       icm/server_port_0 = PROT=HTTP,PORT= 80XX ; for example: XX is instance no 8000

2.       SAPLOCALHOSTFULL = fully qualified server name

Regards,

Himanshu

jimguo
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, you need to use FQDN for the host.  Something like:mysap.mycompany.com

No matter it stays within domain or not.

Thanks.

Jim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Jim,

But I didn't set it up during system installation. Is it too late to set it up again? Where do I get the site to set it up?

jimguo
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to set parameter as described in note 773830.

After that, you need to configure your DNS server or etc/hosts file so that the FQHN you used can be

resolved to IP address.

Thanks.

JIm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Jim,

Where did I find the site to configure DNS Server or etc/hosts file? I've already check every parameters.

Yet everything stays the same.

jimguo
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

About DNS server, please ask your network team for help.

If you don't use DNS server, you need to maintain /etc/hosts file in your PC and SAP systems in your landscape.

For Windows OS, the path should be C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts.

Thanks.

Jim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Normally the error 500 SAP Internal Server Error due to service inactive.

Check in T Code- SICF.

Activate all services.

Also provide more details about where u getting the error , which configuration ?

Note 1582842 - Profile parameters for Solution Manager 7.1

Rg,

Karthik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

I run it with T Code- solman_setup and then I get logon interface (Picture 1). However, when I continue to log on, it shows the error (picture 2). So, I don't have any idea where to get more detail about this error.

picture 1

Picture 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Above screen will show is if you maintain the user in service type.So it will be not a issue.

But for FQDN issue in URL, please check the Note 1582842 - Profile parameters for Solution Manager 7.1,

provide the  icm/host_name_full parameter in RZ10 (set it must contain a Fully Qualified Host Name)

Rg,

Karthik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello George,

In the image, the url doesnt seem to have fully qualified domain name(FQDN).

usually for solman_setup, the url should be starting like http://<domain>.<company>.com:8000

in your case the company name is missing.

could you please check the parameter SAPFQDN in D:/usr/sap/sid/sys/profile/default.pfl

if it doesnot exist >>add

this should be

SAPFQDN = COMPANY.COM

Also  click Start >>Run>> drivers>>etc>>hosts

in hosts file check that the host name is mentioned

ip adress >>tab space>> domain.company.com

and then restart

Regards,

Nag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nag,

If it doesn't exist, I need to add "ip adress >>tab space>> domain.company.com" below all information which mentioned in hosts file or I could add this information anywhere I would like? Because I still got some error here. I'm not sure whether it is right or not. I define my company name as MP. This error comes from what I directly enter address. If I run it as "solman_setup", it still shows the same error as the picture I provided before.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello George,

kindly remove " # " before the domain names and save. below is the example host file provided for your clarity.

Regards,

Nag.

Former Member
0 Kudos

. I'm not sure whether it is right or not. I define my company name as MP.

Are you configuring this in your company or at home???

if it is at your house, you need not mention any SAPFDQN

if at the company ..You need to mention the domain name that is displayed in your "my computer" properties.

in default profile

SAPGLOBALHOST = computer name

SAPFDQN = domain

and in hosts file

without #  (the system doesnot read the lines that are starting with "#" )

ip adress tab space >>full computer name tab space>>computer name

your hosts already contains the information so just remove the # before the ip adresses

and finally

take a restart of sap after the changes.

hope this helps

Regards,

Nag.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Naga,

Yes, I did what you said. I tried the name as my computer name many times, but it doesn't work. That's why I tried to define it as my way. In your explanation, I have no any domain name. If i configure a domain name, it means our system will stay within domain. Yet I need it to stay it outside the domain. But your people said it doesn't matter even though I configure a domain name for my computer. That's where and why I am confused to configure a domain name. In your case, I saw there's a domain name below the full computer name, but in my case, it doesn't exist.

Could you please tell me how to do it?

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok George,

if you have installed locally (outside domain)

then please remove the recently added parameter SAPFDQN from default profile.

Also your host file is inproper.. Did you correct it as suggested ?? did you remove the "#" symbol before the ip adresses??

Regards,

Nag.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Naga,

Yes, I did it. Here is picture with all information I am requested. It still shows the same error. I'm not sure if I place IP address at right place or not. Could you please check it for me?

Computer name: MPSAP (pls see picture)

Full computer name: MPSAP (pls see picture)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Naga,

I got some item that it doesn't activate yet (picture 1 below).

Does it mean the error, Die URL enthält keine vollständige Domainangabe, will be an obstacle to get into the website (picture 2)?

Picture 1

Picture 2

geroge

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear George,

Everything seems fine in MMC.

while entering solman_setup if it is terminating with rabax state type,. this type of termination would create an dump in ST22

please provide with the dump from transaction ST22.

Best Regards,

Nag.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is clear from your screenshot that your SAP server isn't configured with a hostname containing a FQDN. SAP requires a hostname containing a FQDN in order to operate properly, especially for web applications such as Web Dynpros which is what you are trying to use. You can use a locally configured domain as long as it is of supported format and the SAP server is able to resolve IP to hostname and hostname to IP. See the attached links for details.

https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1403326

https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/654982

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Naga,

Here is the information from transaction ST22. I'm not sure if this is what you requested or not.

Thank you and best regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

dear George,

Please enter solman_setup and immediately after the error occurs it wil create a dump, then open the transaction st22 >> click on today and double click on the related dump and provide with screen shots

a dump must look something like this

Regards,

Nag.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Naga,

I just found it. Please see pictures below

George

former_member183788
Active Participant
0 Kudos