cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two Pricing Procedures for different times of the day.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is it possible to have 2 different pricing procedures for day and night with the same Order type? Would request you to please explain the reason behind your response.

Thanks in advance.

SAP Light

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Interesting requirement. I think writing a routine in VOFM is easiest and simplest way. You just need to check the order entering time and date with system time and date. If happy hours then condition activated if no happy hours then XKWERT = 0

I have done somehow similar requirement with just a three line coding in VOFM. No need of separate pricing procedure or sales document type.

Thank$

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can create two "order type" one is day order type and one is night order type with differenct pricing procedure it would help for reporting purpose as well this is the best soultion you can do it.

Regards,

Sameer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks MoazzaM. Closing the thread.

SAP Light

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think, different pricing procedure will not be determined based on Scales or Routine... it has to be somewhere in userexist..

Because.. Routine/Scales again works with in Pricing procedure and i believe, here entire pricing procedure needs to be changed based on time..

I am still suspecting. it should be in userexist for pricing procedure determination,,

I suggest, check with developer to determine right userexist by applying breakpoint, which will solve this requirement.

Regards

Vanraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

your requirement we can map with in one pricing procedure.

no need to use two pricing procedure.

Regards

Srinu B

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vanraj,

With my very little knowledge, Scale makes a lot of sense to me. Why i say so is that

Scales and routines work with Pricing Procedure through Condition Types which have condition records. Scaling is done at condition record level, if we could have a time based scale Like -- From 1100 to 1600, i ll sell one beer free with two bought. After this time the system does not read the condition record for the condition type, then i think it could work. In standard we have Scale Basis for time for Day, week month and year. i think its here, the field KONP-KZBZG, will come into play and so will routining, if i could call that, in VOFM, to have it for times of the day also. Please correct me if i am wrong.

when i thought this i could only reach till Condition Records and very conveniently thought of loops and all, , but i dint think at Scale level. So, when OD talked about the same with a deeper insight, i felt confident, hence the conviction.

But i stand to be corrected.

SAP Light

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I thought, you wanted to use two pricing procedure at all for same order type, therefore i have given above solution,

And i fully aggree that the scale and routine will works to determined the different price for the same pricing procedure.

if you got the answer, please close the scrap.

Regards

Vanraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vanraj,

I realised that may be you haven't got my requirement right, after i posted the previous response.

I am waiting for OD to get back to us, with his findings. I think he is working on something regarding this.I cant try it on my own as i don't know about routines and their creation. Will close it as and when he gets back, if i would not have any further queries on that.

Thanks

SAP Light.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

its possible. your requirement we can map into sap.

for your requirement no need to take two pricing procedure. with in one pricing procedure we can map all this.

how means site with abaper tell him your requirement ask him make a requirement in vofm.

define all condition types what ever u want charge and assign the requirement to relevant condition type.

Regards

Srinivas B

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi OD,

Time based scale base and a routine in VOFM sound good.

I ll wait for your revert. Thanks a ton.

SAP Light.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

yeah. by using scale and routine we can do it.

here you need to ask ur client which time pricing show different value in order.

Regards

Srinu

od_manikandan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hai ,

Nice thought.

Please check this threat.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1941232

As per the advice, try for time based scale indicator KONP-KZBZG.

I will check and update the outcome

Regards,

Mani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In standard, it is not possible, but through ABAP Code, it can be achieved by system date with pricing userexit for pricing procedure determination.

Regards

Vanraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I don't think it is possible. May be you should modify by using system time as per your need(time format in 24 hours).

Regards,

Bhavin

venu_ch8
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear

No it is not possible .. plz give me your business scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK, i was thinking how do these Pubs operate. They have Happy Hours till a certain time of the day and then they sell the same beer with nothing free in the evening. How does that happen? If its manual, then why cant SAP do it? I understand the determination rule of the Pricing Procedure. Can we not activate some condition types in the day time and put them off in the night? I know i am sounding very vague, but this is as far as i could think. Cond records have validity in days, suppose , somehow we slip in vailidity with hours (time) and put that into a loop according to the system timings, or something like that?!?! So that when the loop hits the day time (opening time of the pub) Cond Type NA00 is activated and as the loop hits, say, 1800 hours, NA00 is inactivated, and on Saturdays and Sundays it doesnt activate it at all. I mean some way should be there, can ABAP help?

OR

Can it not be done with the customers coming in during Happy Hours have a different pricing procedure than the ones during the normal (decent ) times.

I havent practised SAP much, so i am sorry if i have used the terminologies incorrectly.

SAP light

kyusufzai
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

You can have a separate order type for Happy hours which will help you to create a different pricing for day and night.

Thanks.

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Are you working with SAP IS-Retail (pubs sound to me under IS-R) or with ERP? If you are working with ERP, you can do it with conditions, and with VOFM too (with one pricing procedure, as other say). In the other hand you can handle the 'time type' with a customer field and determine condition with it. See SAP Note 531835 - Using field PSTYV in the condition access for further information.

I hope this helps you

Regards

Eduardo