Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipment History Qty Mismatch in APO-BI Infocube with respect to Planning Book

kartikr
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I currently ran into a problem, which is Shipment History Qty Mismatch in APO-BI Info cube with respect to Planning Book. As per my analysis i have checked the shipment history for a particular material for a posting period in ECC and then checked in APO-BI info cube here the qty is same, but when the data is loaded from info cube to planning area in shipment key figure the qty is being mismatched. We have a background job for loading the data from BI info cube to planning area, i have checked the variant for TSCUBE transaction here "add data" is unchecked.

Any help in this would be appreciated.!

Kind Regards

Kartik

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

AA3
Participant
0 Kudos
  1. Try Running Consistency Checks ,
  2. Check if your CVCs are correct .
  3. Also try to load only the single key figure for which you have trouble in TSCUBE. 
kartikr
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ashfaq,

1. Try Running Consistency Checks ,

I already did that but still getting same results.

1. Check if your CVCs are correct .

Checked the CVCs they are correct too.

1. Also try to load only the single key figure for which you have trouble in TSCUBE.

We are loading only single key figure from BI info cube to planning area.

Kind Regards

Kartik

AA3
Participant
0 Kudos

are you seeing a uniform pattern for all the materials , or is it only for certain materials you are facing this issue.  I would still suggest you to look at the CVC. 

if you dont have CVC for the material it will not load to the planning area

AA3
Participant
0 Kudos

/SAPAPO/TSCONS

SAPAPO/OM17

consistency checks

kartikr
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Ashfaq

let me check this once, then i will get back to you with results.

Regards

Kartik

kartikr
Participant
0 Kudos

Almost all the materials having this issue there cases where the Qty. is higher than BI info cube value and in some cases qty is lower from BI info cube value ( DP planning book ).

AA3
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Kartik,

please run /SAPAPO/Om17 with product location and DP time series options and check superfluous entries , please clear them if you have any. Then try to reload. 

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

kartikr
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Sap gurus,

I'm still stuck here can't find seems to find out the root cause of this issue. Any help / suggestions would really be appreciated.

Kind Regards

Kartik

jagannadhb
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

For all loaded key figures, it is advisable to reset and then load. To reset you can have a small macro "Row Shipment History" = Initial and then run the TSCUBE. Also you can check the Characteristic assignment whether the Date characteristic is the same in source and target. If it is not same, then check the TBP, probably Weekly data is being loaded to Monthly buckets.

Also, when I see your screenshots, I see the Keyfigure assignment is happening between two different key figures. Are you checking the same KF?

As everyone else had suggested, if all the above are not working then it could be an issue with Time Based Disaggregation and the Calendar (FYV and Posting periods).

Regards

JB

AA3
Participant
0 Kudos

did u also check you selection and grouping conditions in /SAPAPO/TSCUBE

kartikr
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ashfaq,

I have checked all but couldn't found anything that leads me to the root cause of this problem. Now i am thinking of creating a 2 step macro which would first copies 0 to the key figure shipment history in the planning horizon and then it would copy the data from infocube to planning area. I'm just curious would it work?

Regards

Kartik Rohilla

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kartik, there could be many possibilities that causes the issue, most porbably the disaggregation, both time-based and strucutral. Maybe you'll need to clarify first whether you're loading data into a DP planning area or SNP planning area. And if possible, please also attach the data you see in LISTCUBE, /sapapo/tscube settings (to every details) and the data you see in planning book.

kartikr
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ada,

FYI We are loading the shipment history into DP planning area.

Please below screen shots for your reference:

Regards

Kartik

AA3
Participant
0 Kudos

if this is a Z Key figure , can you check if this is a reference key figure, did u create it as an APO type key figure .

you may also generate a data source on your planning area in /SAPAPO/SDP_EXTR  and create a data source , then run RSA3 to find out what data getting extracted. Thats one way to check.

Second please ask you Basis folks to check the Live cache details , if everything is ok from Live cache perspecttive. ( Logs  full etc)

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kartik, what about the selection and grouping setting? Is it already at the most detailed CVC level?

kartikr
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ada,

It is already at the most detailed CVC level.

Regards

Kartik

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kartik, Have you checked every characteristics in grouping condition? I could not think out of the reason without debugging the process I'm afraid

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kartik,

As mentioned by Ashfaq Ali

Couple of things to check.  Sorry if I'm stating obvious things.

1. Did You chack your variant to make sure you aren't inadvertently filtering out any records from your cube prior to the trasnfer?

2. Narrow down your discrepancy and Double check that the CVC exists for the data you are trying to load from the cube.

3.  You didnt specify whether the discrepancy was additional or missing data, but TSCUBE will only create (or update) data based on what is selected from the cube.  So if you have some data for a different CVC already in the cube, that is not going to get wiped out? 

Regards

Adam

kartikr
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Adam,

1. Did You chack your variant to make sure you aren't inadvertently filtering out any records from your cube prior to the trasnfer?

I did a check on variant and it seems to be okay, and it should work properly. Yes we are filtering out values in info cube based on specific movement types and that is matching with the data in ECC system.

2. Narrow down your discrepancy and Double check that the CVC exists for the data you are trying to load from the cube.

yes i have checked this also and CVC do exist for this material.

3.  You didnt specify whether the discrepancy was additional or missing data, but TSCUBE will only create (or update) data based on what is selected from the cube.  So if you have some data for a different CVC already in the cube, that is not going to get wiped out?

I'm seeing both types Discrepancy's viz; missing of data(shipment qty) & additional data (shipment qty). It is very strange as for some parts this is working perfect but for other parts it is showing abrupt behavior.

Kind Regards

Kartik