Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JDBC to Multiple Target IDOC scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Scenario is Database to Multiple IDOC.

Requirement is :

PI picks file from Database and its all one to one mapping, but I need to PUSH the same data to 2 target ECC systems PRD_200 and QA_500.

This requirement is for few enhancements which are in still testing and planned new developments based on this data, so we finally finalized like we need to live feed the data for both Quality & Production servers.

Here need to understand few possible errors that will cause:

1. If both servers down, will the data be present in both the queues ( can I clear this from SMQ2 once the servers are up)

2. If my Quality server is down and PRD is up -- What will happen ( Creation of IDOCS in PRD should not stop even Quality is down - This is my requirement)

Please suggest the possible failures for the above scenario.

Thanks,

--Sai

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ambrish_mishra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sai,

You just need to add a receiver for the above scenario.

1. If both servers down, will the data be present in both the queues ( can I clear this from SMQ2 once the servers are up)

Yes. Should not be an issue.

2. If my Quality server is down and PRD is up -- What will happen ( Creation of IDOCS in PRD should not stop even Quality is down - This is my requirement)

Yes. It won't stop. One receiver would have failure while the other runs.

Cheers

Ambrish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ambrish,

Great to see your reply..

I hope I am clear now that if I loose the connection with one target the other one seems to work.

Let me be clear on the below:

I just want to know how can I constantly monitoring this Idoc adapters. In our landscape we have many RFC destinations, partner profile and port creations, we often face errors because of the change happens in our landscape.

Simply I can phrase the query as how can we monitor the receiver adapter. because using rwb we cannot monitor the IDOC adapter failure as it relies in ABAP stack.

Using IDX5 we can see the list of IDOCs. but if my RFC configured in IDOC adapter changes it will not post idoc to target system, and where can I see and track such errors .

Also , I need to trigger an alert if my IDOC adapter fails -- Expecting reply for this query.

Your inputs are required here.

Thanks

--Sai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sai

First check the messages in SXMB_MONI. If they are processed there and not reach in ECC, then check the tRFC monitoring using transaction SM58 in PI.

If you are using Java Idoc adapter, then the standard alert will catch the Idoc adapter error in RWB , like the other adapters file , JDBC etc...

ambrish_mishra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sai,

There is a change management process in every project. Please work with your project leadership to ensure that the Basis changes should be notified to you and other relevant parties.

Otherwise it will lead to chaos and cause pain to you.
Have a word with your basis team to take measures, ex: provide you host names so that any changes in the backend does not affect PI.

Coming back to monitoring, inbound IDoc failures through SM58 in PI and ECC can be tracked through Alert mechanism. Ask your basis team to include this T code for alert configuration.

Cheers

Ambrish

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Could you please give me few links or guides which discuss about target idoc monitoring.

Need more inputs on how I could handle if any failures from PI to ECC. I mean if IDOC adapter fails.

My requirement is particular on how I am going to be notified if IDOC adapter fails of IDOC not delivered to target ecc system.

In SM58 - Transactional RFC, if I get errors over there. how do I configurealert  for my monitoring.

Thanks,

--Sai.

ambrish_mishra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sai,

There are no specific links but generic links on SCN referring to error monitoring.

For tRFC failures, SM58 is the  t code to check.

IDoc adapter failures are visible in Comm channel monitoring and if alerts are configured at adapter level, you will get notified.

>>>>> In SM58 - Transactional RFC, if I get errors over there. how do I configure alert  for my monitoring.

http://scn.sap.com/people/santhosh.kumarv/blog/2009/10/28/sap-xipi-alerts-for-trfcsm58-errors

However, this is easily configurable in alert configuration through SOLMAN. Please check with your basis team if Alerts are being set up through Solution manager.

Hope it helps!

Ambrish