cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error F5201

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello gurus i have the following error while initialising stock in mb1c... Now i have scanned through google and other forums for a solution to this error, but i am not getting it right..

In tcode ob52  my existing entries are

variant   act.   from account    to account    From period1   year      To period   year    From period2   year       To period     year

0001       +                                                     1              2005        12          2008         13             2005          16           2005

0001       A                            ZZZZZZZZZZ       1              2005        12          2008         13             2005          16           2005

0001       D                            ZZZZZZZZZZ       1              2005        12          2008         13             2005          16           2005

0001       K                            ZZZZZZZZZZ       1              2005        12          2008         13             2005          16           2005

0001       M                           ZZZZZZZZZZ       1              2005        12          2008         13             2005          16           2005

0001       S                           ZZZZZZZZZZ       1              2005        12          2008         13             2005          16           2005

Also can some one explain me simply what is difference between from period1 and from period2..

PS... Sorry if its really simple and annoying a few of you!

Posting period 009 2013 is not open

Message no. F5201

Diagnosis

Period 009 of fiscal year 2013 is not open for posting for the variant of posting period .

System Response

Processing cannot be continued.

Procedure

The error can have several causes. In order to eliminate the error, proceed as follows:

1. Check whether the posting date was entered correctly. The system determines the posting period by means of the date.

2. Check whether the required posting period is open for posting for the variant of posting period  and account type +. Make sure that the period is open for posting.

To do this, specify a period interval in which the required period for the variant of posting period  and account type + is contained.

Proceed

Many thanks,

Amit

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

First of all ,you need to know what is the Posting Period Variant in your company code .for this one ,see in OBY6 and note down that variant ,open OB52 and maintain like below.Fi guy needs to maintain for assets ,customers,vendors,materials like etc.For your query ,please check F1 help to understand .

Kindly ,let me know if you want any further help.

Thanks,

Naren

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Naren for the quick n correct reply.. error solved.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Naren error solved

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

I request you to please "assume" answer this query if you resolved .

Thanks,

Naren

Former Member

Yes query resolved thank you for that..n how do you "assume"  answer i

Amit

0 Kudos

Thanks for your golden answer

We can understand easily by your reply

Every one can understand easily for your explanation

Thank you.

pavamana09
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Good answer ......Tqsir...

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

shashi_thakur
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Period 2 is for all the general users for day to day postings. Period 1 is for specific users who have been assigned to a particular authorization group and have the specific posting period authorization to post in the Period 1. These are generally set with Account type +. Please modify OB52  accordingly as it seems the posting periods are open till 2005 only (again assuming that fiscal year is calendar year in your solution).

Regards,

Shashi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Shashi

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Apart from what had been suggested already, you have to check MMRV whether the posting period was opened or not

if not open it in MMPV

you have to just cross check both MMPV and OB52

MMPV is for material postings

OB52 is for Financial postings

regards,

santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Santosh

former_member191939
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

You are getting this error because of Posting Period Variant.

As Narendra has already mentioned that you need to check in OBY6 that what is your posting period variant and then check in OB52.

Please take help of FI consultant of your company.He will help you out in this context.

Regrds

Eugene

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Eugene

former_member191939
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

If your issue has been resolved then please close the thread.

Regards

Eugene

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eugene,

How do you close the thread..

Amit