Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Information Design Tool - Unable to connect from desktop client BO4.1 SP1

former_member223074
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We are not able to connect to the CMS repository by creating a session from IDT and are receiving the below error after giving valid credentials from a local machine via desktop client.

When we try to make a connection from server machine desktop client IDT tool we were able to successfully connect and build universes/export.

This happens only from any other local machine. Please help.

Error:

Failed to log on host <Host>, user <User ID>, Could not reach CMS <CMS name>. Specify the correct host and port and check for network issues. (FWM 20030)

Cause of Error

Could not reach CMS <CMS> Specify the correct host and port and check for network issues. (FWM 20030)

Cause of Error

Communication error occurred when trying to connect to server <server> (FWM 01009)

Thanks,

Anil

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

have you maintained the host file on your client ? (with the FQDN and IP of the BI platform ) 

it sounds like it could be this issue : 1759336 - "Communication error occurred when trying to connect to
server (FWM 01009)" error during c...

Regards,

H

former_member223074
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you!

This piece helped resolving my problem. I was able to connect to dashboards too from client tool after I corrected this, suspected a port related issue there too though.

In the Central Management Console (CMC), select Servers > Central Management Server > Properties, uncheck the "Auto Assign" setting for the "Request Port" and insert port number 6401; "Name Server Port" is set to 6400.

Thanks,

Anil

Answers (0)