cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use FM 'PERFORMANCE_TRACE_ON'?

0 Kudos

Hi,

I would like to start the performance trace for a transaction using function module 'PERFORMANCE_TRACE_ON'.

Can you please let me know how can I start, stop and get summary records using below function modules?

'PERFORMANCE_TRACE_ON'

'PERFORMANCE_TRACE_OFF'

'PERFORMANCE_TRACE_SUMMARY'

Best Regards,

Siva

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member184455
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

Since PERFORMANCE_TRACE_ON/OFF/SUMMARY is doing the same as transaction ST05, the question is why you want to trace your transaction with these functions instead of using ST05 directly? Besides some special ABAP tools I cannot imagine many other users for these functions.

If you are used to work with ST05, the functions PERFORMANCE_TRACE_ON/OFF/SUMMARY should be self-explaining.

Best Regards,

Randolf

0 Kudos

Hi Randolf,

I want to use these function modules in my abap web dynpro application, where I allow users to enter and run SQL statements. I want to use these function modules to show execution time to users.

But I was unable to get proper trace using these function modules.

Can you please let me know whether I can run the SQL statement in ABAP web dynpro application and get traces using these function modules?

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

Siva

former_member184455
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

Users entering an SQL statement? Sounds like a security breach.

You start the trace (storing start date and time), execute the user's SQL statement, stop the trace (storing end date and time) and retrieve the trace selecting by user and time slot. Should work.

Best Regards,

Randolf

Sriram2009
Active Contributor