cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant Access SAP Notes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not able to access SAP notes. It asks for an authentication whenever i try to access one. When i give my present User id and Pwd ( the one which i use to get to here), it does not work.

I am a certified consultant. Can you please suggest who can i write to or contact to put a request?

Apologies if it its not the right forum to ask this.

SAP Light

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

SL,

SAP Community Network access is not the same as SAP Service Marketplace access.  Although you can log onto SCN with your Service Marketplace ID, the opposite is not true.  Access to SAP Notes, like most other sites within SAP Service Marketplace, is generally restricted to customers and partners of SAP.  Being a certified consultant does not by itself grant you access to these sites.

Larger consulting companies sometimes pay to obtain SAP software licenses, and have installed various SAP systems on their own servers for development work.  For these companies, the consulting company OSS administrator (this is usually a Basis person) can request an OSS ID for their employees.  For other consultants, if they are actually engaged with a client, they normally request OSS access from the client for the duration of the project.  Beyond this, it is not generally possible to gain unrestricted access to OSS.

Here is a way to request an ID.  Don't expect to get very far without filling in ALL the fields.

https://service.sap.com/request-user

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Ask Your basis team SAP service market place userid and pwd other wise ask them to check

this is one way.

Use tcode SNOTE In your system and check it.

Regards,

Giri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can check your authorization in the market place once you log on, click on your ID it displays its  authorization, I had also faced the similar issue also found that the search option is in gray mode which means you can't get any notes. So please contact your authorization for details or alternately if you are working for SAP partner ask your basis guy to give the OSS Note ID.

Thanks  Sukant Chakraborthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

check whether you have appropriate authorization for S-user id for accessing service market place.

Regards,

Bhavin

Former Member
0 Kudos

how to check that?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Its more like licensed user. You might check with your customer(where the product is implemented) or basis team to check how you can get that access.

Regards,

Bhavin