Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOAP to RFC : security issues

david_fryda2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

For my SOAP to RFC scenario, I need to apply security for the client.

If I understand it well, I need to create a Business Component with SOAP adapter channel.

But I read that SOAP adapter does not provide any security stuff like X509 signature.

My client will be dot net application.

So I choosed the WS adapter. Is it right ?

Now that I choosed I created the Business Component, I also created the Sender Agreement, the Receiver Agreement, the Interface Determination, the Receiver Determination.

Now I displayed the wsdl using the context menu of Sender Agreement and tried to build a simple client using C#.

When creating the web reference, no code was generated for the proxy.

If I have to choose SOAP adapter for the sender, where do I define security issue for signing request with for example x509 ?

Can someone help ?

Thank you in advance.

Regards.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos
david_fryda2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you.

But can someone at least answer if I have to use the WS adapter or SOAP adapter for clients using dot net ?

Thanks.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In the demo at time 5:00, you can notice the sender communication channel configuration using WS

Regards

Vishnu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I do not know your version of PI but If you use PO 7.31 (Java only) or are planning to use Java-only platform in future, you do not have WS Adapter then since it is in Abap side. Otherwise both are okay with X.509. If you use other like username + password with SOAP, you can have other alternatives (Axis for example). Anyway, please try to change the communication channel into SOAP and clicking security profile will do some changes in Sender Agreement where you actually add the security settings you want.

Please also check thread: https://scn.sap.com/thread/1590654

Cheers, Mika

Answers (0)