Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Container Management in TMS

neeraj_lal
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

My client is looking for Container Management implementation using TMS 9.0.

What are processes available in TMS to do container management?

It will be great help if you can share  possible container management scenario available in standard TMS package.

Where can I find business case related to container management in transportation.

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

d019838
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can find information to plan freight for containers and manage & track freight execution & containers in the help.sap documentation.

Here a few direct links to some of the chapters:

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

help.sap.com should be the first help of any doubt!

Best Regards, Marcelo Lauria

neeraj_lal
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Natalie,

Thanks for your reply, I am going through these links.

Do there is any  Building Block concept available for TMS same like SAP provides in ECC?

It will be great if you can share link.

Regards

Neeraj

d019838
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use SAP TM in a modular way > i.e. just the freight charging piece for settlement etc.

Other than that, I am not sure exactly what you mean by building blocks here > maybe someone else in the community can answer this better.

Best wishes,

Natalie

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

neeraj_lal
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Any clue, information on above will be helpful.

Please advice.

Regards

thomas_rumbach
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Neeraj,

there is also the option in SAP Event Management 9.0 to track container movements that are planned in TM. The container ID is a selection criterion in the visibility processes for tracking freight orders, freight bookings, and freight units. By that you can easily find the actual position and usage of any container planned in TM.

Kind regards,

Thomas

neeraj_lal
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Thomas,

Could you please share if any link available on this.. It will be really helpful.

Regards