Did you mean: 

SAP Diagnostics agent for ABAP system

former_member183788
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Planning to do the diagnostics agent installation in ABAP System,

My area of concerns:

1)We have to install diagnostic agent in SAP solution manager and connecting systems(Development,Quality & Production)?

2)While installing in development system it asking for JAVA component NW 7.0 SR3,Should i have to install this,If so where is the download location of this file?

3)My solution manager is 7.1, and my ECC system is in EHP4, is there any problem for this, which area i have to take care?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member206167
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

My recommendation is to download Stand alone diagnostic agent, using this sapinst uninstall current agent and install the agent 7.3

Kind regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1)We have to install diagnostic agent in SAP solution manager and connecting systems(Development,Quality & Production)?

First of all you need to decide how you will be connecting Solution manager from these host.

using the Direct P4 port using ICM or the Http connection via message server.

Then you should open the corresponding port and these host should resolve the name of Solution manager.

2)While installing in development system it asking for JAVA component NW 7.0 SR3,Should i have to install this,If so where is the download location of this file?

Can you please part the screen shot what do you mean.

3)My solution manager is 7.1, and my ECC system is in EHP4, is there any problem for this, which area i have to take care?

You need to check which SMD agent you need to use. I don't see any issues with the current solution manager and ECC.

Note 1365123 - Installation of Diagnostics Agents

Please read the zip attached in the note above.

Note 1833501 - Diagnostics Agent - Installer Versions

Thanks

Rishi Abrol

former_member183788
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Rishi,

Attached screen shot for the error.The consultants have installed a SMD in old solution manager for 7.0EHP1,How i can upgrade this SMD in solution manager 7.1.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Best way is to uninstall the SMD agent and install the newer version back.

for the above screen shot what is the SWPM you are using.

And you should run this by root.

Please read the note that i suggested you earlier and install the agent.

Thanks

Rishi Abrol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the below link.

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-26888

Thanks

Rishi Abrol

former_member183788
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Rishi,

I am installing Diagnostic agent from installation master,How can i upgrade the SMD in 7.0EHP1 to 7.1 without uninstalling?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please read the below guide .

https://websmp206.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/012006153200000211442013E/SWPM_Diag_Agent_Setup_Guide.pdf

It will help you to used the DVD used for installing the Diagnostic agent if you are planning for NW7.3 SMD agent.

I dont think that there is any upgrade path for SMD agent.

Thanks

Rishi Abrol