Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prompt to log secondary code in NC Client

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

System is running 6.0.4.10

In NC Client Maintenance you have a check-box for "Prompt to log secondary code".

If you have this checked everything is working smooth. The only problem is that the operator has
to respond with a mouse-click.

1) Operator enters primary NC-code

2) A pop-up is displayed "Do you want to log a secondary code?"

3) Operator clicks "Yes"

4) The system highlights the possible secondary codes and the primary logged NC is selected in the NC Data Tree

We tried to de-select it to minimize operator mouse-click, but we think the system is behaving funny.

1) Operator enters primary NC Code

2) The system now doesn't highlight the latest entered primary NC Code in the NC Data Tree.

I am a bit unsure whether to bother to report this as a ticket. I think a more proper way for the system to work
is to always highlight the latest entered NC Code in the NC Data tree, but don't know if others think so too.

Best Regards,

Johan Nordebrink

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Johan,

It does not sound like a bug to me, but rather as something that can be enhanced. As enhancement requests are not processed via support messages, I can create an internal ticket to let the development consider this change.

Could you, please, attach some screenshots so I attach them to the ticket?

Br, Alex.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

Thank you if you can support this. I always try to find ways for the operator to minimize mouse-clicks.

I have attached 3 screen-shots what I am meaning.

Best Regards,

Johan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

Just checked back on my old forum discussions and found this one.

Do you know if you got any response to this internal ticket that you should log?

Best regards,

Johan

0 Kudos

Hi Johan,

It seems to be in a long queue of low prio enhancement requests. Nothing has been deciede against it yet.

Br, Alex.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sergiy_katerinich
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Johan,

Per the design, after clicking Add button the plugin should get refreshed and the NC Data Tree should show the updated list of logged NC Codes. I would read this as if the plugin should go to the same state as if you logged an NC Code, closed the plugin and opened it again from the POD.

At least, no special behavior is specifed for post action phase.

Regards,

Sergiy