Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspection lot is creating for Z01 inspection type for GR

babarkhan_mujawar
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

i have created new inspection type for ROH material. I have copied 01 inspection type to Z01 inspection type. As client dont want inspection plan for all ROH material.

1. Maintain Inspection Types- Z01

2. Maintain Inspection Lot Origins and Assign Inspection Types- Assign in 01 origin.

3. Define Default Values for Inspection Type - remove check from tasklist, auto check only check box to post to inspection stock, 100% inspection and skips allowed.

In masterial master, only Z01 inspection type is assign to material with active.

when i create PO, and while migo, no inspection lots generated.

Kindly guide, how to proceed.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai,

Tick both preffered inspection Type and active indicator in material master & try to inward the material.

pls check and revert back.

Regards, Meena

babarkhan_mujawar
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Meena,

I have tested this with check at preffered inspection type. and its working fine..

But in material  i have only put inspection type Z01. so system should not use this inspection type Z01.

i dont want to use preffered inspection type checked.

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Let me put your scenario in following way,

• You created an inspection type Z01 and assigned this to Inspection lot origin 01.
  • You then activated the inspection type Z01 in material master for the material.

Now, if you set the indicator only to 'Active' , inspection lots are not generated. But, when you set the indicator to 'Preferred insp type' along with 'Active' insp lots are generated. Am I correct ??

If I have understood correctly, I would suggest you to check for the variant num. Pl check this in the Config settings where you have assigned Z01 to 01.

Variant num 01 must exist for Z01. In standard SAP, if you choose not to set preffered insp type, then your customized inspection type must be saved with variant 01 in inspection lot origin.

Hope it helps !!

Regards,

ntn 

babarkhan_mujawar
Participant
0 Kudos

and Also i am getting this warning message -

Plants exist in which you have not specified a control key. Message no -M3831

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You must have ticked on 'QM in procurement' in material master QM view but did not maintain a value in QM control key. Pl check if this the case.

Either you remove the selection from 'QM in procurement' or enter a value in the control key.

However, this has nothing to do with inspection lot generation, As far as I know. Is your issue related to inspection lot generation resolved ??? Kindly update.

Regards,

ntn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi., System will determine inspection type based on the following conditions

1.  The status profile which you maintained in Quality info record. inspection type assigned to the status profile will be taken)

2.  If you not maintained status profile then it will check the preferred inspection type assigned in the material master

3. If you not ticked preferred inspection type then systems will automatically checks inspection type assigned in the variant 01 is active. ( variant 01 assignment what you made in the customization path “ Maintain inspection lot origins and assign inspection types “ )

My suggestion is that  you can change the variant 01 to the inspection type Z01 in case of if you are using only Z01 inspection type from the inspection lot origin 01. Say for e.g. the following may be your assignment then definitely you need to tick preferred inspection type for other inspection types except Z01. if you are using 01 inspection type already then don’t change the variant assignment in standard

VariantInspe type
1                 Z01

You can use enhancement QAAT0001 for your requirement., refer http://help.sap.com/saphelp_45B/helpdata/en/2d/351a26448c11d189420000e829fbbd/frameset.htm

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Exactly!!

As I earlier said, preferred insp type need not to be selected if the variant is 01. But it is required to be activated if the variant is other than 01.

Regards,

ntn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also you may get this warning msg, incase if you are maintinaing the same material in other plants without activating QM Procurement indicator & control key. ie you may activated the QM procurement for the plant 1001 & the same material may exists in the plant 1002 without activating procurement indicator.

This is warning msg & also this does not affect inspection lot generation as nitin mentioned in previous post.

Regards, Meena

Answers (0)