cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could not check if values are valid

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using SAP netweaver portal 7.3 for SAP IDM 7.2  , everytime I login to the User Interface and try adding Business Role to a user I get this error "Could not check if values are valid". I tried using other ID , checked for permission, everthing seems perfect. There is nothing generated in the logs.

If I use another machine and log in with the same ID I am able to do this .

This seems to be some local machine setting but I am not able to figure out.

Any help would be great. 

Thanks,

Nitto

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

keith_zhang
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Nitto,

This error can be returned when the extension framework got some problems for this UI task. Please check if you have configured it for this web task, and test again after removing it. Then, the latest known issue I found for this is note 1820873, please check if you are already above that patch level(pls check component IDMIC).

For analyzing such issues, there should be some exceptions/errors in this Java default trace. You can also try to increase the severity log level as per KBA note 1907843 if not enough stack trace is recorded there.

BR, Keith

Steffi_Warnecke
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Keith,

but the error doesn't occur, when he's trying the same thing on another pc with the same user. So it can't be something in the IDM I'd think.

@Nitto: Is it the same, when you assign privileges? Or when you assign the user to the business role (instead of the role to the user)?

I did read correctly that you tried with another user-id on the same machine and got the same error?

Regards,

Steffi.

keith_zhang
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Steffi,

Sorry that I am just back from vacation...It seems I missed the important information that it doesnot happen on "another machine", sorry for that also....Although such error normally will return when error exceptions happened from extension framework, while in this case, it may be still helpful to check the AS Java default trace for any detail error stack.

Maybe @Nitto Sona can give us some updates when possible?

BR, Keith

Steffi_Warnecke
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No problem. I hope you had a great vacation.

I hope, I understood that correctly, that he tried it on another machine with the same user and it worked there. That's what I tried to get answered in my last post. ^^ If it's a no, then your idea is up and running again. *g*

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitto,

Might be a browser issue !! ??

What browser you have used in the machine in which you have faced error ?

Try with Internet Explorer and see, you still face the same error.

Because, I got similar errors when I used my IDM in Google chrome. But when I tried the same in Internet Explorer in the same machine. It worked.

Then, my basis guy told that SAP works well with Internet Explorer !! I believe so as I still experience some problems with SDN on chrome !! where as in IE I never faced any issue.

Br,

Krishna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krisna,

Thank you for your reply.

I am using Internet explorer 7 . I never use google chrome for IDM.

Is there anything else I need to check.

Thanks,

Nitto

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It never hurts to run IE in compatibility mode.  I've also noticed that Firefox works.

IE 8 and 9 definitely need compatibility mode.  I have not gotten IE 10 to work at all.

Also if you're using SP8, I've only been able to view pictures in FF.

Matt