cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic Back order Processing by EDQA in GATP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi GATP Experts

I want to do Automatic BOP i.e. A high priority customer steeling stock from a low priority customer. I have been doing this through batch BOP runs but I came to know that this can be automated by EDQA for BOP meaning whenever a high priority sales order will come it will steel the stock from a low priority w/o any batch BOP run.

Can somebody give me a step by step procedure to configure this?

Any response will be highly appreciated.

Regards

Chuck11

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

babu_kilari4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chuck,

Your requirement can be easily achieved using ROC ( but not EDQA ).

First of all, let me tell you what EDQA does. EDQA is even driven quantity assignment application that assigns the stock to the list of documents that are partially or fully unconfirmed. It identifies certain events like stock postings, sales order quantity release ( rejection / -ve change in quantity ), etc.,

(1)To achieve your requirement, you should implement ROC. For ROC, you need to build a donor ODL first which would have all the documents that are partially or fully confirmed. These donors should be sorted in such a way that lowest priority document appears in the top of the list. This way, you can set the orders in the right sequence to lose the confirmation.

(2)Now, using the ROC config in /SAPAPO/EDQA_PD, you have to create a process category that looks at the event ROC Document Confirmation. Once this is setup, in the process category configuration, you should select the event as "ROC" and provide the ODL that you have created in the step mentioned above. Provide a BOP variant ( you should create one as per the filter criteria that you want to use and sort criteria as well ). Provide the business event, ATP check, Rule Eval as checked, and time out time usually to be given as 00:10:00, event active to be checked, Process flow usually to be selected as "Single".

(3) Assign this process category to condition profile and in the condition profile settings, you should provide the fields against which the ROC should get triggered. Usually material or plant is configured here.

After doing the necessary configuration:- once you create a Sales document, the incoming high priority documents picks up the necessary donors and triggers a BOP in the background which can be seen in /SAPAPO/EDQA transaction and it swaps the confirmation between lower and higher priority documents.

Let me know if you face any difficulty in doing this. I will be able to help you out. Hope the above information helps you do this.

Thanks,
Babu Kilari

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Babu Kilari & Parth Soneji

Thanks for the reply. I am in the process of reading through your links and then will configure it into the system to see if it works.

I will post my findings in the forum on that later.

In the meantime, I will request response from any other GATP experts who might add to this thread.

Regards

Chuck11

Parth_Soneji
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Chuck,

Expert Babu has already given you the steps to configure ROC (Reassignment of order confirmations) which will help you achieve the required results. Additionally, you may want to go through the standard EDQA / ROC confuguration help:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_apo700_ehp03_on_erp/helpdata/en/45/8e2c9855de40c0e10000000a1553f7/frames...

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_sm40/helpdata/en/ee/05fd401800f123e10000000a155106/content.htm

Thanks,

Parth Soneji

satish_waghmare3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Chuck11

Sorry, I am not experienced in EDQA part of GATP. 

If you have not read GATP Wiki on this topic, please refer below link

http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/SCM/EDQA+Event-Driven+Quantity+Assignment

Besides this wiki page also has link to SAP Help on EDQA.

Hope this will help you with information to explore some options.

Thank you

Satish Waghmare