Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message Monitoring

former_member203984
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Actually I have migrated MII from 12.1 to 14.0v. In 12.1 I am getting the message for failed pallets in message monitor, but in 14.0 I am not getting.

I am using the same transaction and event logger action block.See the attachment.

Can you please tell me what I have to do for getting the message for failed and success once?

Regards

G.Partheeban

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

adnanmaqbool
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All

I am passing Plant Hierarchy from ERP to MII , it is showing IDOCs status as "categorized" in Message Monitor but I am not able to see any plant hierarchy in Dashboard. Any Idea what is the issue.

former_member203984
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Padma,

Thanks for your screen shot. I don't have 12.1 so I cant attach the screen shot.

Is that a bug in 14 or how to get it done?

I have used the update message action block also, even though I cant get it.

Regards

G.Partheeban

former_member204240
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Partheeban,

If you see Rohit reply, he has checked in MII 14. There is no such functionality in 14.0 to provide reason.

So you can check if error in following ways

1. check transaction manager log under system management.

2. Use Catch.ExceptionType and Catch.Message (may be you can use in Termination transaction action and configure to the message under that action) or I guess use exception enabler and catch action blocks.

3. check in nwa log viewer (http://ipadress/nwa).

Also you can see error in JCOmessage table at DB level.

check this you may get an idea to  use in 14

http://scn.sap.com/community/manufacturing/mii/blog/2012/06/01/demonstrating-the-use-of-catch-throw-...

former_member203984
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Padma,

Thanks for your reply.

Actually I have given a screen where I am logging the transferred xml data and showing the reason also.

But client requires the SAP MII default message monitor screen to cross check.

I think its not possible in 14.0.Let me know is that I can get the reason if any patch upgrade is done?

Regards

G.Partheeban

former_member204240
Active Participant
0 Kudos

okay.

Well, try raising ticket(CSS) and give a try whether you could get any help from SAP.

former_member203984
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for your replies.

Regards

G.Partheeban

0 Kudos

Have you received a response back from support yet on this?  I checked in my MII 14.0.3 instance and if you click on the "status" field (it's a hyperlink) you get the pop-up window with the detailed message.

Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

I used update message action block to update the details message in message monitor and it is populating fine in 14.0. but yes, I used update message action block. without that I guess you will not get any details message in the hyperlink.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Partheeban,

If you want to see the the proper message for failed or success of any message then you have to use the below action and have to configure as below.

Action Block : You have to use "Update Message" action block under Message services folder.

Configuration : If you go to the Link of that action block you can  see 3 parameters are there.

• MessageID
  • MessageStatus
  • MessageText

In MessageID you have to pass the ID of the message you want to update.

In MessageStatus you have to pass the integer value of the status. They are as follows.

• Received : 1
  • Processed : 2
  • Failed : 3
  • No Rule Defined : 4
  • Running : 5
  • Categorized : 6
  • Duplicate : 7

In MessageText you can put any kind of text as a message to show it from the message monitor.

After configuring all those if you click on the status hyperlink you can see the proper message you have assigned or mapped.

Hope it will help you.

Regards,

Suman

former_member203984
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Suman,

Actually I don't want to update manually and see the reason.In 12.1 I have used the event logger action block and  automatically I am getting the reason.

And how can I get the message Id or how I know the message Id?

Regards

G.Partheeban

former_member211944
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Partheeban,

As Rutika has already mentioned, that message monitor will not show the reason for the transaction i.e. message failure.

For the reason you need to check the logs. Also you could use event logger action block.

You can pass message Id to the transaction input parameter while creating the processing rule.

See the attached screenshot.

Regards,

Rohit Negi

former_member204240
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

In MII 12.1 we can see Reason description once you click on the flag. Partheebhan is asking that.

Also if processing type is category, you could use message id or update message action block to get description, what if it is synchronous I mean if processing type is transaction?

Partheebhan I guess in MII 14 it wont give the reason, you need to explicitly get that or catch the exception in transaction.

Someone can say Is there any way in configuration we need to do that to get reason like below we get in MII 12.1 as this is generated by system?

former_member211944
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Padma,

This functionality is not present in MII 14.0

In the Message Monitor screen, it will just show the status as error.

For the reason, you need to check the logs.

Regards,

Rohit Negi.

former_member204240
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I guessed so, As I don't have MII 14 environment to check.

Anyways thanks Rohit for the update.

former_member211944
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Padma,

I checked on MII 14.0

It showed me the status as error with no explanation.

regards,

Rohit Negi.

former_member211944
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Partheeban,

Could you explain the problem and the solution in detail?

Message would fail when the processing transaction would fail due to some exception or error.

Regards,

Rohit Negi

former_member203984
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

Actually I am getting the Success and Failed message correctly but I am not getting the reason for that.

How to get that in the message monitor screen?

Regards

G.Partheeban

rutika_bodas
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Partheeban, 

The message monitor screen will only show the status of your message, whether it got processed successfully or not.

If the message processing status is 'Failed', then you can probably check the tab 'Log' on the Transaction Manager screen OR, check the log viewer under 'System Management' to see if your processing transaction failed, and for what reason.

-- Rutika