cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TIFF images in IXOS from SAP DMS

Former Member
0 Kudos

We had IXOS as frontened and now we are trying to use SAP DMS as frontend and keep IXOS as out content repository. Most of images in IXOS are TIFF. Will we need IXOS open text viewer if we want to view these images from SAP? Will our users need SAP GUI if they want to access these images (I know ECL viewer will not work as it requires original document in SAP system).

Can these images be opened on web? This will be best solution as some of our users are mobile and require access via portal to these SAP Document images.

Any help is much appreciated. I am totally new to DMS, needdirection from SAP DMS Gurus.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

MangeshP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Suman,

Can you please let me know why you want achive this behaviour?.

Tiff files can be viwed using ECL Viewer. But you have to maintain their link as attachment in DIR of SAP DMS. I have done this solution. It works fine. The tiff files are on the third party storage server and we maintained link of the file in DIR. Condition is that User has to have ECL Viewer installed on his Machine.

WIth Warm Regards

Mangesh Pande

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mangesh, as mentioned we are trying to use IXOS only as backend.

I know we cannot leverae ECL viewer as files are not in SAP system. Whole point of keeping IXOS as backend was to relieve SAP system server load and keep using IXOS as storage. Since data converted is 10 years worth we cannot store images in SAP DMS system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you trying to migrate files from IXOS to DMS or just want to use DMS as front end and fetch the files from Open text server..?

To view tiff images you need Opentext image viewer, and ecl viewer is not supported since the files are stored in Opentext server.

If you want to view the image files on web browser, you can configure the fron tend view from OAA3 tcode.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes as mentioned we are going to keep IXOS as backend and use SAP DMS now as frontend. We still need access to our TIFF files in IXOS from SAP DMS. Due to this we have continued dependency on Open Text Viewer. I need a solution to do away with that. Thank you for your reply on viewing inages on Web. I will try that.