cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assigning ApeosWare Device Type, but using front-end printing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've imported the ApeosWare device type, is it possible for me to create a new output device, using front-end printing and ApeosWare device type?

I have tested it, and I can see it was output to the printer, however, the printer did not print anything?

Please advise. Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is your print server setup to print to ApeosWare?  Or is it a local printer on your machine?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, it is a local printer on my machine. Should I use the ApeosWare device type, or maybe just use device type SWIN?
Thanks.

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SWIN will just leverage the printer driver on Windows, which may resolve your issue...but something to keep in mind is if you have any custom settings on the device type the output may not behave as the Windows side wouldn't understand the code within the document.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Billy,

Thanks, question though... it is possible to have it setup to front-end printing, and assign device ApeosWare type? By setting it to this device type, I would have the additional print options.

Because usually, what I have been seeing, people would assign device type SWIN for front-end printing.

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have a front end printer for POST2 and for HPLJ4 PCL5 (long story and sucks to have to support both), so it is entirely possible to setup multiple front end printers with different device types.