cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create Cascading Prompt with out A tree Input

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have a requirement of selection of values in such a manner that Country ---> Region ----> State --->

I have done this with the help of defining cascading List Of Values by defining a hierarchy of i.Country ii. Region and iii. State

and I've generated the list of values and I exported the universe and

I have prepared the Report in two ways

1. I have added prompts on country, Region and State , but when i select the country , i am viewing all regions under all countries, but I want to see the Regions only for the selected Country in my First prompt

2. I have added Only State in Query Filter and made it to act as a Prompt, there I'm getting the list of Inputs in a Tree format ,

I am working with a oracle data base and SAP BO 3.1, Universe Designer

Thanks in Advance..........

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I my self got solution to my problem. this can be Ignored

and the solution for this problem is disabling hierarchical view while defining Cascading list Of Values ..

Thanks For Viewing ....................,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tim,

I have one doubt in cascading prompt without Hierarchy view.

The prompt at higher level appears below the prompt at lower level.How can we change the order,i.e, I want Level 2 Account Code as top and then Level 3 Account Code ?

It can achieve in hierarchy view,but i don't want to set it as hierarchy view,because there are huge number of Level 2 Account code[Search pattern is not available too]

Thanks,

Shnebaga Raja