Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wants to replicate CE1IDEA and Ce2IDEA tables from SAP ECC

former_member209912
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Team

I am a learner in HANA and now i want to replicate the tables CE1IDEA and CE2IDEA tables with data from SAP ECC to HANA system.  Before posting i had gone through few demos on this and i did the same but i am not successfull, that means i know that i am missing something. so i request you to please help me on the same.

Steps i followed

1. i went into modeller perspecitve and clicked on DATA PROVISIONING.

2. then i got the below details in screen shot

3. here i clicked on Replicate option and i had given my table name to add but i am not getting the results. it is not showing the tables which i searched for.

Because of this i am not able to go further i am not able to do the replication.

Then i had seen the properties of the HANA system and found that the user is  HANAUSER as below

The HANA environment is training environment for your information.

I am not sure whether the details provided by me are correct or not but i want to make sure that i need to provide complete details while posting any question. so that you experts can guide me accordingly.

I had gone thourgh some theory and found that there are 4 methods of replication as follows

1. Flat file

2. SAP LT

3. Data services

4.Direct extractor connections.

so please tell me which method i need to use here and suggest me the process to do the same.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Raj

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jennegolla,

I would like to know where we get these tables CE1IDEA and CE2IDEA? I am working on ECC system too but I do not find these two tables in here 😮

Could you please let me know? looking forward for your reply.

Thanks

Sangamesh

KulDeepJain
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sangamesh,

I think this are COPA tables and "IDEA" is the operating concern there.

If in your ECC system COPA is configured then search in SE11 with CE1*

Hope answer is helpful.

Thanks,

Kuldeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi KD Jain,

You are right. I figured out that CO-PA is not configured in our ECC environment. Is there any way how I can get this data structure since I need to replicate this on to our HAN system.

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks

Sangamesh

vivekbhoj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jen,

All the methods mentioned by you are used for replicating data

To replicate data from ECC you can either use SLt, DXC or SAP Data Services

For SLT you require LT Server to replicate data

For DXC, you need to implement few SAP Notes in your ECC system.

For Data Services, you need Data Services tool

The scenario you mentioned above is used to replicate tables using SLT, but before using this Provisioning tab in HANA, you need to configure SLT and create connection between ECC and HANA.. after configuration only you will be able to get tables

For using SLT you can check this video

http://www.saphana.com/docs/DOC-2441

You can also check my blog to get all documents related to each if these technologies and  i recommend you to read them first.

http://scn.sap.com/community/hana-in-memory/blog/2013/08/17/hana-reference-for-developers--links-and...

Regards,

Vivek

former_member209912
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek

Thank you very much for your reply.

Yes, i had gone through all the documents and the video which you have mentioned before raising this discussion. The point here for me is when i click on the replication and searching for the table CE1IDEA it is not showing the table name. since it is not showing the table name i am not able to proceed further.

So now i want to know is there anything else i need to do, the training guy said all the SLT configuration to ECC2HANA schema as i mentioned in earlier message.

Please check and suggest me accoridngly.

Regards

Raj

vivekbhoj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jen,

Do you have these roles assigned to you:

<REPLICATION SCHEMA>_DATA_PROV

<REPLICATION_SCHEMA>_POWER_USER

<REPLICATION_SCHEMA>_USER_ADMIN

<REPLICATION_SCHEMA>_SELECT

Are you able to see other tables and replicate them?

Can you check DD02L , DD02T AND DD08L tables and check if  table CE1IDEA is listed in DD02L table?

Regards,

Vivek

former_member209912
Participant
0 Kudos

Vivek

<REPLICATION SCHEMA>_DATA_PROV

<REPLICATION_SCHEMA>_POWER_USER

<REPLICATION_SCHEMA>_USER_ADMIN

<REPLICATION_SCHEMA>_SELECT

These roles are given to ECC2HANA user and the same is configured in SLT configuration, i had provided the required screenshot in my first message.

The table CE1IDEA is avialable in DD02L table, i have checked in ECC system.

I had been given a remote connection and for that the user name they had given is HANA8.  this user is not listed in sercurity-users and security-roles.

Note: one point here i need to bring to your notice is, i found vbak table, then i have added and replicated but i am seeing any message displaying under data management tool which is shown inthe video provided.

please suggest me how to proceed further.

regards

Raj

former_member209912
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks vivek for your suggestion, your response is little helpful to me. The source system is wrongly selected and now it is working fine and i am able to do replication.