cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is missing to change technical system?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm working with PI 7.11.

According to the thread: http://scn.sap.com/thread/1024933, I changed the technical system from SNQ to SNU in SLD.

SNU is the copy of SNQ and take over all RFC Configuration of SNQ.

Now the configuration of SLD looks as below:

Techical System     Host            Logical System Name      Business System       

SNQ Client 200       sne-sap     SNQCLNT200                                                     

SNU Client 200       snu-sap     SNQCLNT200                    BS_SNQ200             

But I got the NO_BUSINESS_SYSTEM error during Proxy Test in SNU. Everything works well as before in SNQ.

In SLDCHECK Transaction I got the similar error:

No corresponding bussiness system found for system SNU client 200.

What for a problem?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Regards

Rene

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

Hi Ambrish,

So, it means it is impossible to change Technical System as one will.

The relationship between technical system and business system must be 1:1.

I must say, PI is not so flexible as I thought, isn't it?

OK. I have to add new Business System SNU manually.

Thanks anyway!

Regards

Rene

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Rene,

Techical System     Host            Logical System Name      Business System       

SNQ Client 200       sne-sap     SNQCLNT200                                                     

SNU Client 200       snu-sap     SNQCLNT200                    BS_SNQ200            

The cleanest way would be to change the logical system name of SNU Client 200 from SNQCLNT200 to SNUCLNT200, afterwards create a separate business system for it.

Since you don't want to manually, add SNU200 to your config, it would help if your receiver determination, interface determination and receiver agreement are generic e.g

Sender Service: *

Sender Interface: yourSenderInterface

Sender Namespace: yourSenderNamespace

That way, you only need to hardcode the Sender Service when it is absolute necessary (e.g SCV selection).

Hope this helps,

Mark

ambrish_mishra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rene,

AFAIK,One technical system can have multiple business systems but not vice versa. I don't think you can point one Business systems to 2 technical systems.

If this is a question of assigning one BS to another technical system, then do a re-import of BS in ID.

Is SNQ ECC system ?

Ambrish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ambrish,

SNQ and SNU are both ECC system.

r u sure, it is impossible, that two technical systems point to one business system?

you mean I should delete the BS_SNQ200 at first, then create it once more?

Regards

Rene

ambrish_mishra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rene,

Yes, I am sure.

Ideally you should create a new Business system for SNU and assign it SNU TS.

Ambrish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ambrish,

I know, it had better to create a new BS_SNU200.

If so, I have to change all configuration objects of PI to BS_SNU200 manally! A transport back to itself is not possible.

Thanks

Rene

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ambrish,

I just noticed that BS_SNQ200 is just assigned in SNU, not in SNQ.

Therefore, in the context, no 2 TS point to 1 BS. just 1 to 1.

Regards

Rene

ambrish_mishra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rene,

I understand. But again, the 2 TSs can't point to one BS. What you are trying is logically not possible.

IMO, the clean way to do it would be to make a seperate BS and manually add configuration.

Depends upon the number of scenarios and resources available.

Cheers,

Ambrish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rene,

does this system appear in the list the system retrieves? You can execute report LCR_LIST_BUSINESS_SYSTEMS in SE37 and check whether your system is there. You can also execute LCR_GET_OWN_BUSINESS_SYSTEM and make sure you set the "Bypassing Cache" flag. Maybe it is a cache issue.

Regards,

Jörg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jörg,

I executed the transaction LCR_LIST_BUSINESS_SYSTEMS with flag on Bypassing Cache in SNU and the BS_SNQ200 is shown.

Does it mean SNU connects BS_SNQ200 already?

Regards

Rene

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

From SNU, do you have a RFC (HTTP Connection to ABAP System) towards your PI and the same updated in SNU's Tcode SXMB_ADM - corresponding Int server. you can check how the config in SNQ and replicate the same here. and try again.. after cache refresh etc.

Regards

Vishnu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishnu,

I compared all configuration of SNQ and SNU. They are identical and tested successfully.

What do you mean cache refresh? How to make it? Should I execute SXI_CACHE in SNU?

Regards

Rene