Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

T type RFC destination query

r_s_kulkarni11
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I want to know regarding the T type RFC destination maintainance in SM59.

I have a scenario where sender is BAPI and receiver is SOAP.

While using sender RFC channel in DEV, I have created the T type connection as RDCTOPI and the program ID I have used is RDCTOPI_FI

So when moving this Interface to QA, do I need to use the same connection name and program ID name as DEV?

Else I can use RQCTOPI as quality's T Type connection and RQCTOPI_FI as program Id?

Also a small query is that this program Id is nothing but a string or Do I need to register it any where? As per my understanding we just need to use the same name in program Id parameter of the channel and and in the RFC destination.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Regards,

Rahul

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Raul,

Please refer to Michal's blog about the RFC Sender

http://scn.sap.com/community/pi-and-soa-middleware/blog/2005/03/29/configuring-the-sender-rfc-adapte...

You can use a different program ID/Destination for QA/Prod, but of course it is up to you.

Regards,

Mark

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ambrish_mishra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

As per naming convention in your project, ideally you should rename RFC to RQCTOPI as quality's T Type connection and RQCTOPI_FI as program Id.

You need to register the program id. Check in SMGW.

>>>>>>As per my understanding we just need to use the same name in program Id parameter of the channel and and in the RFC destination.

yes

Ambrish

PS- there are multiple links on SCN on this topic.

r_s_kulkarni11
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ambrish,

Ny confusionw as with the transport of RFC destination or having the RFC destination in QA environment.

I thought for T type connection you need to have same name of program Id and RFC destination in all the 3  - dev, QA and PRD systems.

ambrish_mishra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

AFAIK, RFC destinations are not transportable but configurable entity. It needs to be configured in every environment.

>>>>you need to have same name of program Id and RFC destination in all the 3  - dev, QA and PRD systems

This is not mandatory. you may or may not have same name of program id and RFC destination.Depends upon the naming convention in your project.

Since these entries are configurable in ID, these can be manually maintained in RFC adapter in QA or any other environment.

Hope this answers your query.

Ambrish