cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic access to Search Help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have the following task in my project: considering a structure with two fields:

- an ID field

- a description field

And also an already created search help that offers the following functionality: when selecting and ID the description field is automatically populated.

When the user enters a value in ID's textfield and presses enter => the descripton field should be populated automatically.

I could use some ideas/help.

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

amy_king
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi James,

You have a couple of options...

Cheers,

Amy

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

An alternate solution is to create an OVS search help.

In Phase 3 along with the input field you can populate description field also.

former_member215344
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi James,

You can use the ON ENTER event of the input field to achieve this. Create an action for the ON ENTER event of your input field and in the event handler method of this action read the input value (ID) from the node and then get the description of this ID by writing a select query. After this you can set the desciption of the entered ID in the node attribute.

Pls try this and reward if found useful.

Thanks,

Ajay Bose

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My mystake, I did not describe the problem correctly: the challenge is not the event, is the fact that I am not allowed to write a select on the database from UI level. I need to find a way to access dinamically the search help with ID as importing value and description as exporting value.

I already tried functions modules as 'F4IF_FIELD_VALUE_REQUEST'  or 'F4IF_START_VALUE_REQUEST', but they don't work in Webdynpro, only in SAP GUI Standard.

Thanks,

Hadassah.

Former Member
0 Kudos

not allowed to write a select on the database from UI level???

Do you mean you mean you are not allowed to write code in view?

If so then you can write a method in your assistance class, call the method and populate the value for description.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It would be better if I can find a way to access the search help dinamically

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You will have to implement 'OnEnter' event of your input field.

In this you will have to get the description and show it in TextView UI Element.