cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Printing on Canon photocopy machine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Teachers,

I have an issue that I need to ask for your help and advice on sap printing on canon photocopy machine.

We just migrated our SAP ECC EHP6 from AIX 6.1.4.0 to SUSE LINUX Release 11 Kernel Linux 3.0. 13-0.27-default.

For Canon photocopy machine for AIX, we used SQUE software for the OS printers and
for SUSE, we use CQUE software.

There are three canon printers that we are facing issue which are
1. iR3045_MVB01168
2. imageRUNNER2525
3. iR C3170

Previously we had no problems on printing to the printers from AIX and SQUE, but when we moved to SUSE and CQUE, we were not able
to print with desired print options:
1. selective drawer
2. duplex
3. accounting department id (if we choose the sap device type for Postscript, the department id will be able to work)

Finally for the SAP Device type PCL5 for Canon, I changed the SPAD -> Device Types -> ZCN30* -> attributes -> List handling ->

Printer driver -> changed from "Do not use printer driver for ABAP list print" to "HPL2 Printer driver for PCL-5 (black and

white/color), and I finally managed to print with selective drawer and duplex print options.

However my last issue is when I print, the printer will always come out with an error message "Paper is out or the loaded paper

size is different from the specified paper size". The papers are there but it always come with this message, the users will always

have to keep pressing ok to continue or it will jam the whole queue behind his/her spools. This thing happens to all the 3

printers.

I would appreciate for any advice.

Thank you.

Regards,
Stephan Fong

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Stephan,

How did you (or did you) get the accounting department ID codes to work with SAP printing?  I am struggling with this on Xerox printers; there does not seem to be any option to include a code, and our printers therefore reject SAP print jobs.

Regards,

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

We use SQUE from Canon. SQUE for AIX and CQUE for LINUX.

Thanks.

Regards,

Stephan

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Have you read Note 8928 - List of supported printers/device types? See the attachments and the device supported.

Regards

Eduardo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eduardo,

Yes I have read it before and still it does not help. I am not sure why it will make the printers to be stuck with out of paper or inccorect paper size error message. We just need to press ok button and it works after that.

Thanks.

Regards,

Stephan Fong