cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receiver Determination by different channels

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

I have a Scenario, where i deliver IDOCs (ORDERS) from our ERP System, via PI to our Partner by SOAP channel. We determine which Debitors/creditors get the IDOC by which Business Component. Now, every Business Component can have more than 1 channels! How can i create rules that exactly route my request to a specific channel without having to create an extra Business component to be able to route certain requests to a specific channel?

BR, EF

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Elmar,

you will probably have to create separate interfaces on the target system. Somehow you need to tell the system that it should send messages this way or the other. So the only way of distinguishing this on the same system is via a separate interface in the Interface Determination. It can be a copy of the existing one, of course. Then you create a new Receiver Agreement and add your alternative channel to that agreement. In the Interface Determination you can give the routing conditions.

That would be my approach.

Regards,

Jörg

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi! Both of your opinions matched my thoughts! Thank you for your kind replies! It seems i will have to create 2 service Interfaces for a proper solution. BR, EF

Muniyappan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Say you have Business Component A with two receiver communication channels.

you want to send message to one channel out of two, based on some condition.

this you can achieve in the interface determination with condition.

for this you need

in ESR

2 inbound service interfaces

2 operation mappings(this is one case)

ID

1 Receiver determination

1 interface determination(under which specify two operation mappings with condition)

2 Receiver agreements(where you specify receiver interface and receiver cc)

i did not cover each and every objects here. this is just for understanding.

Regards,

Muniyappan.