cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pointing PI Quality server to Third Party Production server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

I have SOAP to SOAP synchronous scenario from SAP CRM to Third Party through SAP PI 7.3. We have quality servers for SAP CRM and SAP PI, but only production server for third party.

Since third party does not have Quality server, I have to point the PI quality server to third party production server for testing.

Is it feasiblle?

If feasible, please provide the process without hampering the live interfaces in production.

It's urgent.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ashmita,

PI doesn't care whether the receiving system is productive or not. So yes, this is feasible. It won't disturb any interface in your productive system, but it definitely could on the 3rd party system. What do they suggest how to handle this situation? Can they separate calls from test and production systems? Since it is a synchronous scenario, I presume this is a problem mainly on the 3rd party system's side.

Regards,

Jörg

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

ambrish_mishra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ashmita,

Many third parties don't have the luxury of test systems. Technically and logically, it is feasible to connect PI QA and Prod to Third party prod, but please make sure there is no adverse impact of messaging from QA.

Hope it helps!

Ambrish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ashmita,

As long as the third party can differentiate the requests, you can connect both QA and PRD PI systems to it:

For PI, it is like connecting to any other system, irrespective of what functionaly the 3rd system represents and what other system it is connected to.

But it is usually not recommended to test anything in PRD systems.

Hope that helps.

Rakesh.

PeterJonker
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If third party only have two environments (development and production) then I would point Quality PI to the development third party system and not production.

But probably the test data will be an issue most of the time with development.

if the third party also has test envrionment (dev, test and prod), then point it to the test environment./

I would not advice to do testing in production in any case.

If test data is the issue then the best way forward is to upload correct testdata in the test/dev environment, but again testing in production is like cursing in the church. You just don't do that..

That is my opinion.