Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in IDT - Data source name not found and no default driver specified

former_member197846
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I wanted to test the Multisource Universe having BW cube and relational database. So I created a Relational JCO connection to BW cube and another MS Access 2007 database. In order to connect to MS Access database, I created a ODBC connection on local machine as well as on the BO server with the same name (System DSN). When I test the individual connections (BW and ODBC) both are successful but when try to create a Data Foundation layer using these 2 connections, on ODBC connection I am getting below error when trying to insert the tables from it.

My operating system is 32 bit and I used 32 bit ODBC driver to create the connection (C:\Windows\system32\odbcad32.exe).

Request your help.

Thanks,

Abhijit

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Where is the access database?

Are you using a network drive? If so, has the BO service account got permissions to that drive?

Have you specified a utc address for it - \\servername\share rather than f:\ for example?

former_member197846
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

I am not using the network drive. I have the access database on my machine as well as BO Server.

One thing to note here is that, the connection if tested independently (outside multi-source data foundation) is successful.

Thanks,

Abhijit

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

for a multi source workflow,  you'll need this Access connection defined (ODBC admin/DSN) in 64-bit on the BIPlatform .

former_member197846
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Henry. The issue was resolved by defining the 64 ODBC connection to access using odbcad32.exe from C:\Windows\SysWOW64 location.

Thanks,

Abhijit

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Create 64-bit odbc connection on your BOBJ server.

Regards,

Ambreen