Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tax only in the invoice

hussain_multhazim
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear SD Experts

I have scenario where I need to calculate the tax but when I create the billing document it should not post to accounts. It should come only in the invoice print out. How can i satisfy this requirement. Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It should come only in the invoice print out

Create a proforma and fetch the required value in the output.

G. Lakshmipaathi

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

G Lakshmipathi,

From my understanding the question is -

1. In a particular billing document (type), the tax amount of a tax cond type should not add to the total tax amount.

2. The print out of that billing document should have this tax condition type amount also.

Your suggestion of create a proforma, would not address point 1.

Further it would be extra work at both configuration and transaction levels, to create a proforma and get the printout.

hussain_multhazim
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear TW

Your correct, creating proforma invoice would not post revenue and customer rec accounts. Any other solutions ?

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have scenario where I need to calculate the tax but when I create the billing document it should not post to accounts. It should come only in the invoice print out.

I want to show the tax value but should not post to GL accounts

After going through the above comments, please once again check my suggestion.  In both the above circumstances, OP has clearly indicated that he / she has to fetch the value to print output

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hussain,

Please see my previous post and give your comments

Hussain,

Would your issue be solved by following the suggestion made by Ashutosh?

Or is the same pricing procedure being used by several document types; for one of which this tax should not get posted to a G/L account and for the other this tax should get posted to a G/L account?

Added: Please see if the suggestion in this post could be helpful.

Message was edited by: T W - added in blue color

Added:

1. Can you create another pricing procedure, with this condition type as statistical?

Would this option be acceptable for the client?

2. In this scenario, the tax amount is not posted to any G/L account. The rest of the amounts - revenue, etc. etc. are posted to respective G/L accounts.

What happens to this tax amount - is this finally posted to a G/L account?

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

G Lakshmipathi,

After going through again, I feel that "a better understanding of the requirement" is as follows -

I have scenario where I need to calculate the tax but when I create the billing document it should not post to accounts. It should come only in the invoice print out.

I want to show the tax value but should not post to GL accounts

"It" refers to the tax.

We can interpret that the other condition values (revenue, discounts etc. etc.) are posted to accounts.

With your suggestion of Proforma no value is posted to accounts.

Post by the OP -

Dear TW

Your correct, creating proforma invoice would not post revenue and customer rec accounts.

Extra comments -

1. The OP could have made this explicit by adding more "description"

2. For the record - You are one of the members in the forum, who reads the questions / posts in detail and interprets accurately.

hussain_multhazim
Participant
0 Kudos

I'm sorry for not being clear on the question. I dont want tax to be posted during invoice generation but the tax amount should be calculated and shown in the invoice print out.

od_manikandan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hai Hussain,

When you are showing Tax amount in the invoice,

1. Will you add Tax amount to Total ? (or total is only basic where is Tax inclusive)

2. If not included in Total, but Tax amount is collected, how customer clearing will be done for the differential amount?

If you are including in Total amount but no GL for Tax, then accounting entries may have mismatch with customer and Revenue + (taxes)

Please give the accounting entries required for your requirement?

Thanks,

OD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hussain,

Solution 1:

Accounting determination and Account key is link between pricing and GL Accounts, IF you remove the account key against the Tax condition in pricing, which will not post to GL Accounts.

Solution2:

Proforma invoice also works the way you required. because you will have the other document type to post the tax amount.

By

Jagadeesh

hussain_multhazim
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Jagadesh

Solution 1 : Since GL account is defined in under tax code I dnt have a account key in my pricing procedure.

Solution 2 : Is it possible to post to revenue account using proforma invoice. Since only tax amount should post to GL. Revenue and customer rec should post to its respective accounts.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Hussain,

Please refer the link below:

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-29788

this will help you for the display of that tax value on Invoice Print out contact you ABAPER.

Regards,

Ashutosh

hussain_multhazim
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Ashutosh

My requirement is the vise-versa of this. I want to show the tax value but should not post to GL accounts

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Hussain,

Just put the check in the statistical box in your pricing procedure before the Condition type of that tax and test the scenario.

I belive by this way it will not post to G/L Accounts.

Regards,

Ashutosh

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hussain,

Would your issue be solved by following the suggestion made by Ashutosh?

Or is the same pricing procedure being used by several document types; for one of which this tax should not get posted to a G/L account and for the other this tax should get posted to a G/L account?

Added: Please see if the suggestion in this post could be helpful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Hussain

Have you maintain GL account against Tax code in OB40...

with Regards

hussain_multhazim
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Dinesh

I have maintained a GL Account for the tax code since I need to post the tax amount when I invoice using a another document type. But initially it should not post to GL account. It should only come in the invoice print out.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Hussain

Normally it will post the GL Account..in this case you may missed the configuration...if possible send screen shots ( pricing tab )

Check following configuration

1. Account Key must same SD ( Pricing procedure and FI account determaintion

2.have you customise in Billing docuement , if yes means check the setting in billing document.

3.Check analysis in billing document...

With regards

Dinesh