cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SU management

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We have one scenario which we are planning to map in WM.

1. Advance notice of the truck arrival - Inbound delivery
  2. Truck arrives @ WM - not captured in system
  3. GR is done in inventory management
  4. Unloads the cartons into interim area and sorts the cartons as per SKU and places on to a pallet. Here each pallet is given a unique number.
  5. The picker will lift the pallets and puts it @ suggested bins. Also then the same is confirmed using a bar code

• The above process can be mapped using pallet strategy but in point 3 I have a question

QUESTION 

• The unique numbers assigned to pallets are nothing but the SU number and these are generated only when the TO is confirmed but in actual business the same is being generated in the interim storage area while sorting the SKU's and placing them on carton. How can this be achieved in SAP WM?. Also why did SAP did not suggest an option of having SU numbers being generated in interim area itself?
    • I want to stop mixed storage in Pallet strategy but the same is not allowed in SAP as my business has a requirement of having one SKU on one pallet. How to achieve this?

Regards

Manish

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The unique numbers assigned to pallets are nothing but the SU number and these are generated only when the TO is confirmed but in actual business the same is being generated in the interim storage area while sorting the SKU's and placing them on carton. How can this be achieved in SAP WM?. Also why did SAP did not suggest an option of having SU numbers being generated in interim area itself?

First of all, interim storage type (9XX) cannot be SU managed, and therefore, SU number cannot be created when posting GR to receive stock into 9xx. However, SAP provides the process of putaway with ID point to address the requirement of generating SU number before actual putaway. You need to:-

1) Create ID point - a SU managed non-interim storage type e.g. XXX

2) Assign XXX to your main SU managed storage type as its ID Point.

3) Adopt the process of using the ID point - move stock from interim storage to ID point (this step maps to "sorting the SKU's and placing them on carton") and then move pallet from ID point to main storage type.

I want to stop mixed storage in Pallet strategy but the same is not allowed in SAP as my business has a requirement of having one SKU on one pallet. How to achieve this?

This is controlled by storage type customzing. Check the "Mixed storage" setting of storage type (

T3010-MISCH), standard SAP provide the following options.

• ' ' Mixed storage not allowed
  • A Several homogeneous storage units per bin
  • B Several batches per bin and pallet (only SU bulk storage)
  • C Several batches per bin (only SU bulk storage)
  • P One mixed storage unit per bin
  • X Mixed storage without limitations

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member220529
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

you can have the SU in the interim storage area only if you use Handling Unit and WM:

You should:

1- activate HUM on the storage location of the plant where you are receving the goods

2- pack the inbound delivery

3- post the GR (in the standard SAP the putaway of HU takes place before the GR, but you can change the customizing)

In that case the HU packed in the inbound delivery become SU in WM...and you will find SU also in interim storage area (this happens because  in a HU managed storage location all the stock must always be packed)

Otherwise you can create an automatic TO after the GR towards an SU managed storage type.

Regards

Claudio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Thank you!

Both ID point and HU can solve my issue.

We might go for HU as we need to have customer wise packing BOM for picking. Also there are several other points which cannot be achieved only with WM.

Thanks & Regards

Manish

former_member220529
Active Participant
0 Kudos

You are welcome!

If the question is answered can we please close the thread?

Thank you and best regards

Claudio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manish

1. Regarding the option of generating the SU number in the interim, I agree that its not possible. However, when the pallet is being given a unique number at that time itself you can create a SU by the same number. While putaway the person should enter the SU number visible on the pallet.

2. For the second question, maybe I have not understood it correctly. Are you keeping the storage type as mixed storage allowed?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Manish,

1. Create a new interim area, lets call it 9XX.

2. While sorting cartons, create a TO to move stock from interim area 902 to 9XX. - This will result in pallets with SU# in area 9XX

3. Create a TO to move material / carton / Pallets from 9XX to corresponding Bin in your warehouse.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Can you give some inputs on this.

Regards