Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

How to update missing cost center in FAGLFLEXT table for historical data?

Dear SAP gurus,

We have a situation with our client where they have activated New GL indicator 3 years back and Client has not assigned the scenario for Cost Center(FIN-CCA).

Now FAGLFLEXT table is not updated with the cost center for past data and we would like to bring Cost Center in FAGLFLEXT table.

Can Any one please let me know if there is any possibility there to update the Cost Center for Historical Data in FAGLFLEXT table.

I have checked all other tables like GLT0, FAGLFLXTA, FAGLFLEXP do not have any Cost Center details.

Any Help will be highly appreciated .

Thanks in Advance,

Saurabh Saxena

SAP FICO Consultant

Former Member
replied

Hi Saurabh,

1. Do we have Transaction Code for deleting the FLEX tables data. :- Yes ,you must delete the data ,otherwise above program never overwrite existing data in FLEX tables.

2. Was Cost Center value updated perfectly in Cost Center Field(RCNTR) for your testing :- Yes,it should be add on that field only.

I always suggest to raise OSS for this type of migration's . I recommend you ,first test thoroughly as mentioned..

1. Don't add Cost center in Scenario's

2. Create one New GL which is under P&L & create as cost element ( It is only testing purpose)

3. Post Journal voucher & check data in FAGLFLEA table ( RCNTR field must be initial ,because scenarios are not assigned).

4. Now delete same line item in FAGLFLEXA table as well as FAGLFLEXT table ( Technical consultant must be create deletion program).

5. Add scenario's in customization

6. Use above transaction and copy the same document from BSEG table

7. Before execution read above tcode documentation which will give more knowledge

8. Check FAGLFLEXA table after transfer the data with using of above program.

9. Check result

10. if succeed,you have to do all required cycles and check impact.

11. Then you may continue old data deletion in Development

12. Please raise OSS ,if you are not succeed.

Regards

Mani

1 View this answer in context

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question