cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to update missing cost center in FAGLFLEXT table for historical data?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SAP gurus,

We have a situation with our client where they have activated New GL indicator 3 years back and Client has not assigned the scenario for Cost Center(FIN-CCA).

Now FAGLFLEXT table is not updated with the cost center for past data and we would like to bring Cost Center in FAGLFLEXT table.

Can Any one please let me know if there is any possibility there to update the Cost Center for Historical Data in FAGLFLEXT table.

I have checked all other tables like GLT0, FAGLFLXTA, FAGLFLEXP do not have any Cost Center details.

Any Help will be highly appreciated .

Thanks in Advance,

Saurabh Saxena

SAP FICO Consultant

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is no standard way to do it. Even if you have information, that you have to provide, the update of FAGLFLEXT would be possible only by direct update of the table. And for this it won't be sufficient to fill the cost centre, but also to provide the right value in OBNRXX fields. Even if you succeeed doing so, it might still have an impact of further update of the table by a 'normal' business process.

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Eli,

I welcome all the Ideas to figure out on how to solve this issue, I have seen lots of post on missing cost centers in FAGLFLEXT table so curious and have believe, there should be something to solve this issue, because BSEG table will have all the information needed to update this table.

Also, Can you please let me know if there is any way to update the historical data in the GLT0 table for classical ledger as it was not updated because of New GL activation. This may solve our issue.

Thanks for Help and quick responses....

Saurabh Saxena

suma_mani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sexena,

You can use mentioned program to copy BSEG data in to FLEX table's. But it is one of the migration activity. My suggestion better to raise OSS support.

If you have data in Development ,you may test as follows.

1. Delete data in FAGLFLEXT and FAGLFLEXA table data.

2. Use tranaction code GLGCU1 to transfer data BSEG to FLEX table,which would copied all dimension data from BSEG. ( But it is not much easy ,i did the same for 9 days ,which was succeed).

Regards

ManiKumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Mani,

I have some doubts, Please explain me the below points.

1. Do we have Transaction Code for deleting the FLEX tables data.

2. Was Cost Center value updated perfectly in Cost Center Field(RCNTR) for your testing.

So if i can add the configuration for the missing scenario for Cost Center and do the changes as per your guidance, i believe, this will work for me.

I appreciate your help and will update as answer once i finish my testing if it works.

Thanks,

Saurabh Saxena

suma_mani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

1. Do we have Transaction Code for deleting the FLEX tables data. :- Yes ,you must delete the data ,otherwise above program never overwrite existing data in FLEX tables.

2. Was Cost Center value updated perfectly in Cost Center Field(RCNTR) for your testing :- Yes,it should be add on that field only.

I always suggest to raise OSS for this type of migration's . I recommend you ,first test thoroughly as mentioned..

1. Don't add Cost center in Scenario's

2. Create one New GL which is under P&L & create as cost element ( It is only testing purpose)

3. Post Journal voucher & check data in FAGLFLEA table ( RCNTR field must be initial ,because scenarios are not assigned).

4. Now delete same line item in FAGLFLEXA table as well as FAGLFLEXT table ( Technical consultant must be create deletion program).

5. Add scenario's in customization

6. Use above transaction and copy the same document from BSEG table

7. Before execution read above tcode documentation which will give more knowledge

8. Check FAGLFLEXA table after transfer the data with using of above program.

9. Check result

10. if succeed,you have to do all required cycles and check impact.

11. Then you may continue old data deletion in Development

12. Please raise OSS ,if you are not succeed.

Regards

Mani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mani,

Thanks a lot Mani for giving me such a the useful steps. I will follow the same in testing client.

I have gone through the documentation for the Transaction Code GLGCU1 which recommends to use it for current year only.

But we need records from Dec 2010 to till date with Previous Year Balance(TSLVT), Can i run for all the periods till date

Again Thanks a lot for you help.

Regards,

Saurabh Saxena

suma_mani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Saxena

You can same for previous year also,but you would have to take Year end activities. Try to post entries in Previous year also,which may help you ,understanding the entire program.

First test it for current year ,if you succeed  > Test for Previous year data. As per program logic it would be useful for previous year also.Ensure testing should be high level activity where as you came to know whether this tool useful for data transferring from BSEG to FLEX tables. Moreover. Year end activity must be run.

Check above same example for previous year also.

Regards

ManiKumar

Regards

Mani Kumar

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

For this transaction code, please, read note 1355813. It's not very eveident to use this report...

Regards,

Eli

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mani & Eli,

Thanks Mani & Eli both for your help and different view which helped me to resolve this issue. I am using the program as specimen and flowing the Data from BSEG table to Z custom table for our purpose till specific date and time, after that, we have configured cost center scenario for New GL and will use Flex tables of that purpose.

Thanks a lot again for your time n sharing the knowledge.

Regards,

Saurabh Saxena