Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between MSS & Supplier catalogue

former_member504447
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

Can you pls tell me what are all the diffrence between MSS(Model Service Specification) and Supplier Catalogue(Internal catalogue)..

When MSS will be used in Business?What is the use of creating MSS catalogue?

Pls let me know the steps to be follwed to upload & Verify entries & Publish MSS Catalogue

Regards,

San

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

The MSS (Model service specification) is a collection of services with descriptions and prices and quantities.  These form the basis of a template in which you can create further service specifications.

Example: If you are to repeatedly order a set of services you may want to set up specifications so that you can continually order these services in the future.

The Supplier Catalog is an online link directly to the supplier that allows you to search directly for goods and services negating the need for a purchasing department to source the goods for you.

Regards

A

former_member504447
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ,

thanks for the response..

Can you pls clarify on below point

I think for Internal catalogue(Supplier catalogue) we dont need to access any external link..Only for external catalogue(supplier catalogue) we need to access external link

then how Supplier Internal Catalogue differ from MSS catlogue..

the functionality you told like"The MSS (Model service specification) is a collection of services with descriptions and prices and quantities"

Is not possible in Supplier internal catalogue?

As per My understanding:

Internal catalogue(Supplier catalogue)_ is Supplier specific it will have supplier number..you can maintain items supplied by the supplier only in that catalogue

MSS Catalogue_is not Supplier specific ..it will have only items no supplier..so you can create one catalogue for number of items..

Pls let me know if you disagree with this..

My Question is ..as MSS catalogue not having Supplier details so it cannot be used for "FasTrack" process...?

So the main use is it will be like a template ,will have list of items we purchase frequently...?

Is there any other additional benefit using MSS catalogue?

Also pls let me know what are the upload steps to be follwed for MSS catalogue?

Answers (0)