cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Doubt SAP IDM with Active Directory

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi There

Sorry for send a particular email, but I saw your name on many forums about SAP.

I am implementing a SAP IDM and I have a doubt, If you have any information about this I would be very glad.

The question is:

I have a HR System, that contais a field about a Branch that new employee will work.

IDM can be read this field and creates a user in a respective Organizational Unit?

Like if the new user wil work in " Las Vegas Branch" the idm reads the field from HR data and automatically create the new user on Active directory in OU "Las Vegas"?

This is a overview about my challenge.

Thank for your attention.

1. Regards.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Miguel.

This is easily handled, simple adjust the framework AD provisioning task so that the dn line reads something like:

Dn cn=%MSKEYVALUE%,ou=%Z_BRANCH, %$rep.LDAP_STARTING_POINT%

This would let you include a custom attribute as an OU value for the given repository. 

Best thing to do is populate the Z_BRANCH attribute with the permissible values. This thread talks about some ways to accomplish this and goes into the scenario in more detail.

Hope this helps!

Matt

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Miguel,

If your branch name and OU name are same, you can user directly what Matt has suggested. i.e

Dn cn=%MSKEYVALUE%,ou=%Z_BRANCH, %$rep.LDAP_STARTING_POINT%

where Z_BRANCH is the new attribute that has to be created by you which populates the allowed OUs.

You the OU name and branch name are different, the you have to maintiang the mappings in a table and read the OU from the table for that branch selected, using a script.

Refer to my reply in the thread for, in details. http://scn.sap.com/thread/3411042

Thanks,

Krishna.