cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ChaRM and QGM Integration- Project Cycle Phase shift error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have configured the ChaRM and QGM Integration and activated both to same Project ( Implementation) in SAP Solution Manager ( version 7.1, SP Level 06). Now, we are simulating the Request for Change and Normal Change Process for a 4 system landscape. During this, we got an Error when we tried to pass the Quality gate "Build to Test". The error is "Phase Shift failed, Change Transaction has the wrong phase value, Phase transition from 'Development with release' to'Test'is not possible. Currently the ChaRM Project Cycle is in 'Development w/o release'phase, but we could not able to move to 'Development with release' phase via the Quality gate. Please note that we can only move through the Project Cycle phases via Quality gates in case if have activated both ChaRM and QGM for a Project in SAP Solution Manager.

Please check the attached screenshot for your reference.

Can anybody have a clue about what might be the reason for this error?

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

Amarendra Reddy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

yes you need to change te project cycle via Qgate. But your entire release, import TR and other processiing can be done via Charm only. check q3 here.

Here you need to change the maintenance cycle phase via Charm, Until unless you set the proper maintenance phase which sync to QGM gate phase, you cant proceed.

please modify the maintenance cycle  via CHARM and pass the qgate.

Thanks

Jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jansi,

Thanks for your quick reply. As you suggested , i have already tried to set the status of the Project Cycle from 'In Development w/o release' to 'In Development with release' status via ChaRM, but no luck. It is giving the error "Phase Shift Rejected: Its only allowed in Quality Gate".

Can you please check once again?

Best regards,

Amar.

0 Kudos

Hi Amar,

I would like to better understand your case. This is what I got:

QGM Project: Phase "Build" --> Q-Gate "Build to Test" cannot be passed

ChaRM Project: Phase "Development without Release" --> Phase "Development with Release" cannot be set?

So you are in a deadlock? Or what exactly is the issue? When using the integration between ChaRM and QGM it is key to set the status in the right area (QGM or ChaRM) first, before moving the status in the other area.

Best regards

Tobias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tobias,

Currently the Q-gate "Build to Test" is in 'In Progress' status.

And, the Project Cycle phase is in the status "In Development w/o release".

However, as i checked in the Task List the phase status is showing as "In Development with release".

Now, i am trying to pass the Q-Gate "Build to Test" , which is giving the error saying,  "Phase shift failed: Phase transition from 'In Development with release' to ' Test' not possible.".

It seems that the the phase status in the Task List is not synchronized with the project cycle phase status.

Please check the attached screenshot for your reference and kindly suggest

Best regards,

Amar.

0 Kudos

Hello Amar,

yes - I think this inconsistency between Task List and Change Cycle might lead to your issue. I will try to check what kind of options are available to resolve this issue. It is possibly an issue with the phase controller, who checks all the "participants" before a phase switch is possible. In this case QGM is one "participant" besides ChaRM and there seems to be the issue.

In worst case, you might need to create a customer message for this - as it seems to be an bug. But first I will try to get more information and come back to you then...maybe there is another option.

Best regards

Tobias

0 Kudos

As I remembered, there is a report available to set the phase of the task list directly. The report is called via transaction /TMWFLOW/PHCNTRL_DB_UTILITY.

However - please be careful, you can also damage your project or delete valid data with this report! Only use at own risk and only use "Set Phase Value" option!

With this report, you can try to set the phase of the task list and regain a sync and consistent state - then you can try to switch phases again via QGM.

QGM needs to be in phase "Build" and ChaRM needs to be in phase "Development with Release" for both: Task List and Change Cycle. Then QGM initiates the phase switch towards "Test".

Also, the report has an "display only" option, to simulate the actions before executing anything - it is recommended to use this flag first.

Best regards

Tobias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tobias,

This report seems to be useful if we want to set the phase status of the Task List directly.

However in my case, the issue is that the status in the Task List is set correctly already as it is now in the status "In development with release". But, the status of the Project Cycle is still not synchronized from the Q-Gate/Task List as it is still showing the status "In Development w/o release".

Now, as i understand because of this Inconsistency when we tried to switch the Project cycle phase by passing the Q-gate, it is giving this error as i mentioned in my previous reply.

Hope you understand the issue now.

Best regards,

Amar.

0 Kudos

Hello Amar,

yes, I understand your issue - at least I believe so

However, there is no other possibility to gain synchronization between task list and change cycle that I know of - therefore here is what I had in mind:

So the idea I had was that you switch back the task list to "Development without Release". From there you try to set the status via the change cycle to "Development with Release" again.

If this works, both task list and change cycle are synced and in status "Development with Release" - which corresponds to the phase of the QGM project (Build). This would then be a valid and consistent state.

Then you can try to switch from Build-Phase to Test-Phase via Q-Gate "Build to Test" in QGM again. This should then also set the ChaRM project status to "Test".

Hope now it is a bit clearer what I was trying to achieve. However, not sure whether this works and if this won't help, I see no other solution but to open a customer message.

Best regards

Tobias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tobias,

Thanks for your inputs.

However, the issue still persists. As you have advised, i have ran the report to change back the Task list phase status to "In Development w/o release". However, after that i still could not able to move forward the status of the Project Cycle to " In Development with Release"via the Project Cycle.

It is saying that we can only change the Cycle phase via Q-gate by obtaining the proper condition for that action.

However I have raised an OSS message with SAP and waiting for their reply..

Meanwhile, do you think that there is any IMG action/config where we can check how these conditions are configured when both QGM and Project Cycle are participated in Change Request Management??

Thank you.

Best regards,

Amar.