cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create Workflow Initiator per System/Client

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi @all,

currently I am dealing with a more complex problem. I would like to create different custom initiators for each client in my landscape. In GRC 5.3, this is done straight-forward: when creating an Initiator, one can specify an attribute (here it would be: Application), a value (here it would be the ID of the target system) and a condition (AND/NOT/OR).

I am trying to build this in GRC 10, but it is obviously not so easy. I have been told that I need to create a BRF+ rule. So I played a little bit with BRF+ rules, but have no ideas what I need for such a simple Initiator. Do I need to create a function, a rule, an expression?... I just want to specify that the initiator should be active for system x, nothing more.

Any guidance is highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

EM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member193066
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

go to spro>grc>access control>> workflow for access control.

click define workflow related MSMP rule.

select process id and

fill details as per below screenshot as per your naming convention

use BRF+flat rule for line item.

click item select connector and click OK(green rightsymbol)

attached screenshot.

since connetor is specfic to client you require ment is based on that.

Once generation done you will see the below screen.

Now click on Define BRF rule.

it will open in browser.

select the Rule you have created.

exapnd as show. and click the function ZINIT_1 shown in example.

on right hand side you will see top expression ZINIT_1.

Click Top expression (ensure you are in edit mode)

then new screencomes click insert new row.

give detail of connector.

in line item key, select from context parameter and select item num.

rule result value is like initiator 1,

similarly fr each connector you can have inititoator defined.

now save and activate the brf+function.

and copy function id.

now to msmp.

in change mode to to maintain rules. click add

given function id of brf+,give description, select rule type and select rule kind

now save it.once you save it you can see at the above. and click these and add results

use same case and wod you have put in rule result vale in brf+

and at below screen you will see process initator use new initiator created.

now assuming you have your path and stages defined then go to maintain route mapping.

and map your result value.

then save and generate new version

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fernando, hi Prasant,

first of all thank you very much for your messages.

@Prasant: I tried to follow the steps which you have kindly posted. At the very first step - creating the MSMP rule - I get the error message illustrated below, and I cannot really find anything about the cause. Maybe you can guide me?

Thanks again in advance.

Kind regards,

EM

former_member193066
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hello,

have you activate MSMP BC set??

Regards,

Prasant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks for the hint, I managed to solve the problem by following this topic.

Another question from my side: your screenshots illustrate very well all the steps necessary to create an initiator rule per system/client. The only thing I do not understand is what the rule result "INITIATOR1" is - where did you create it? What kind of object is it? Sounds maybe a little weird, but I cannot really understand that.

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

EM

former_member193066
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you may have 3-4 initator rule to initiate workflow based n condition .

if its system X take this pathX condition1 = intiator1

if its sytem Y take path Y condition 2 initator 2

just an example.

Regards,

Prasant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks for the quick reply. My problem is that I cannot really understand what the two columns mean: Line Item and Trigr Val. Once I've specified the connector in the System column, what else do I have to link there?

Thanks again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

line item - you need this for the decision table to be able to differentiate the results per line item (it's just one of the things you just have to add and maintain to make it work). The value you select for the entry in the cell will be "ItemNum" from the context parameter. This will allow the BRF+ engine to understand that you are looking at the specific line item in the request.

Trigr Val - This uses the actual result you want to report back to the MSMP workflow. When you assign the custom initiator to the MSMP process as type "Initiator rule", an additional table will appear for you to fill out. In this table, you list out all the values you have put in the Rule result column in BRF+ Decision table and then tag it up with a value in the "Trigr Val" column. This Trigger value is then linked up to a "Path" in the "Maintain Route Mapping" section of MSMP (screen 6).

So Fundamentally you are mapping a "Result" to a "Trigger Val", then in turn mapping a "Trigger Val" to an actual workflow "Path".

This is how you initiator will send the line item in a request to a correct path for approval.

Hope that bit of knowledge helps your understanding.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harinam,

thanks a lot for your support. Your explanations are so far pretty clear.

In the custom rule, I have one line and three columns: system (value is set to a specific connector), Line item (value is set to "Line Item" - there is no ItemNum) and Trigr Val (value is set to a path I have defined). First question: is this correct?

Now, having this custom rule created, I am dealing with the following issue: I cannot see it in the Maintain MSMP Workflows window at the Maintain Rules section. I could create it manually via grfnmw_configure, but I don't think that's the right way. Secondly, supposing I would see it there: what do I specify as a rule result in the small table at the bottom? The path again? If I understand it right, it's kind of double maintenance. Moreover, I would find it pretty weird if the path would be trigger value and rule result at the same time...these two are kind of opposite. Third and last, do I actually need an initiator AND this custom rule or does this rule replace a "normal" initiator?

I am obviously missing something here. Any help is highly appreciated.

Kind regards,

EM

former_member193066
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

first ans yes its correct

second  you need to add it

rule result specify what you maintain in brf+ will make u understand and remember easily.

when you map it in maintain route you can see all result vaue you added in maintain rules.

and bottom maintain process initiator as your brf rule.

prasant

Former Member
0 Kudos

"Now, having this custom rule created, I am dealing with the following issue: I cannot see it in the Maintain MSMP Workflows window at the Maintain Rules section."

You need to add the rule into the MSMP "Maintain Rules" section. To do this, copy in the "Function ID" (from the BRF+ function) and paste it into the ID section of the new Initiator rule to be added.

I could create it manually via grfnmw_configure, but I don't think that's the right way.

I Used to do it this way when SP05 was not working properly. SP06 onwards you should have no issue using the MSMP front end.

Secondly, supposing I would see it there: what do I specify as a rule result in the small table at the bottom?

I presume you are referring to the "Maintain Rules" area. Rule Result would be the value you have in the Decision table. Trigger Value is what you would just name your trigger value as. The Trigger Value is aligned to a Path in the "Maintain Route Mapping" area.

If I understand it right, it's kind of double maintenance. Moreover, I would find it pretty weird if the path would be trigger value and rule result at the same time...these two are kind of opposite.

I agree- but you can name the trigger value something different if you wish. Take a look at the screenshot in the answer you marked as correct.

Third and last, do I actually need an initiator AND this custom rule or does this rule replace a "normal" initiator?

The custom rule has to replace the default initiator rule.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Erik,

The following wiki page will help you:

http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/GRC/BRF+plus+Flate+Rule+-+GRC+Integration

Thank you,

Fernando