cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with Excel upload/download or working with it after update of desktop to WIN7

former_member906139
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Functionality like excel download/upload (e.g. via ME9F etc) is working fine if its access from desktop with OS lower than Win7.

But on desktop with Windows 7 installed, if we access SAP system and do any work which may give output in excel (like in tcode ME9F) it give error as access denied.

Any solution to this?

We already have message opened to SAP, but SAP is not proving support as we are on SAP GUI 720 for which support has ended. And update to 730 for all users is not planned in near future.

Regards,

Abhay

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member906139
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Issue is not occurring with SAPGUI 730.

But excel which got created does not contain any data. Same works fine on system with WinXP.

Please note that its not giving any error.

Regards,

Abhay

hasanajsh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Actually, it may not be related with SAP or W7, rather than Excel itself.

Is the version the same?

I think the problem may be due to Macro Security Settings in your MS Excel.

• File
  • Options
  • Trust Center
  • Message Bar
  • Show the message bar...

In the same place

• Macro Settings

Change the macro settings accordingly....

Regards,

Shkelzen

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Morey

Could you pls paste the error page? because if you are using the MS office 2007 and above Excel file format " .xlsx" but when you are downloading files from SAPgui file format is ".xls" while opening the file in MS office 2007 & above you may get the warning message "The file format differs from the format that the file name extension specifies" for that kindly refer the Microsoft link http://support.microsoft.com/kb/948615

Thanks

Srram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhay

we work with sapgui7.1 and we have no problems with excel.

Do you face this issue only with me9f or everything? For example if you go to spad and you try to export your devices on excel, is it givin you same error?

which office release do you have?

Let me know

cheers

a

former_member906139
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Andrea,

If we export say SM50 data to excel, its working fine. But the activities like ME9F which display data in excel, give error.

We are on office 2010.

Regards,

Abhay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhay

unfortunately i need few more info. When you say "display data in excel" you mean that you want to change the gui layout  to excel? Would you mind to paste a screenshot?

Let me know

cheers

a