Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set a Filter on SearchTask

former_member190695
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a single non-reference attribute with some status values such as PENDING, APPROVED and REJECTED.

This attribute is assigned to an Entry Type SearchTask, what I want to achieve is that when a user searches this entry type only requests that are for example PENDING are displayed.

Any clues If this is possible or not?

I tried to set this up in tab assignment when creating the attribute but I think because it's not an entry reference the filter disappeared.

Thanks very much.

Regards,

Ridouan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Steffi_Warnecke
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ridouan,

I'm not sure, I understood completly (and correctly), what you want to do, but if it's what I think you want to achieve:

If you open the properties of the attribute (directly in the MMC or when it's assigned to a UI mask, where I use this mostly), you'll find the tab "Attribute values". There you can create a simple SQL query (second input field) by which you can filter the values that will be shown for this attribute.

This could look like this:

select mskey from idmv_value_basic where attrname = 'YOURATTRIBUTE' and searchvalue = 'PENDING'

and mskey in (select mskey from idmv_value_basic where attrname = 'MX_ENTRYTYPE' and searchvalue  like 'SearchTask')

Now only entries with the value "Pending" would be available. But like I said, I'm not sure, I got what you mean.

Maybe with some screenhots... everybody loves screenshots. ^^

Regards,

Steffi.

former_member190695
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Steffi,

I apologize If I was not clear with my requirement.

I want to do this on the Manage Tab, If you select for example "Person" only identities with the status "Active" should be displayed. That's why I mentioned the SearchTask. In my custom entry type I have set access limitation on the object itself "Use access limitations for display task". This object contains requests with status "PENDING", "COMPLETED" and "REJECTED". When a user select this object in the drop-down-list only "PENDING" requests should be displayed. If the user want to see other requests s/he can change the filter. This are my initials thoughts.

Regards,

Ridouan

Steffi_Warnecke
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ridouan,

please don't apologize, not for this! IdM is such a complex thing with it's own terms, that I tend to confirm what I understood just to make sure, we talk about the same thing. ^^

But thank you for clarifying. I was indeed a bit off there, but I think, the approach could work here, too. Now you just have to find out, where to put the filter.

So you want to display by default just entries that are pending. But the user should have the possibility to change the filter in the search mask to another value of the attribute to display those entries then. A search for the search tasks, right?

former_member190695
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Steffi,

Right, that's exactly what I am trying to figure out.

Simple example: I have assigned MX_FS_EMPLOYMENT_STATUS to the Identity SearchTask. I have already populated values such as Active and Withdrawn. Advanced search works fine but in case a user just hits "Go", I want IdM to show only Active Identities.

Not sure this is possible without changing the core StoredProcedure but I keep trying.

Regards,

Ridouan

Steffi_Warnecke
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ridouan,

but then you shouldn't mark my last answer as correct, because it wasn't the answer to your problem. ^^

I haven't worked with default values for searches yet (I just know the direct filtering like explained), but this would be interesting to find out.

Sadly just putting the desired value into the "Default"-field of the attribute in the task doesn't do the trick, I just tried that.

Regards,

Steffi.

normann
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Steffi,

in order to achieve that you just add the MX_FS_EMPLOYMENT_STATUS attribute to the attributes of the default search task of MX_PERSON. The default search task is linked to the object MX_PERSON. So by having a look at the object MX_PERSON you identify that task and there you can adapt what attributes you can search for.

Regards

Norman

Steffi_Warnecke
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Norman,

I think Ridouan wants a default filter on the standard search. Adding the status attribute to the search means, he can search it via the input field, but that also means, the users have to search for "Pending" for example to get the results. That could be a workaround, but in that case, the standard search is again blocked to narrow the results down. Then they would have to go to the advanced search again, to search in more than one field.

As I understood, the normal search field should stay empty and you use the standard search (not advanced), the users click "Go" and the results should be pre-filtered to just show entries that have "Pending" as searchvalue for the attribute "Status". And when they go to the advanced search, perfect would be a dropdown menu of the attribute there so they can change the filter to another searchvalue. The second thing is working. The first one is still the big question.

Regards,

Steffi.

ganesh_s7
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rioudan,

If you want the default search type on MX_PERSON to show pending value, try using 'MX_ASSIGNMENT' entry reference (of MX_Person) on the UI task & set filter to 'Show future' to show only pending taks.   For further details refer to http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-17110 Pg 82.  Hope this helps.

Rgds

Ganesh.S

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ridouan,

If you want to supply a default value for the search task,I don't believe that you can do this via the standard UI, however you probably can do this via the HTML 5 UI.

One of the many reasons I'm looking forward to learning about this new functionality at TechEd.

Matt

former_member190695
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

We are going live in less than 2 months so HTML5 is not an option unfortunately.

I believe your statement is correct, but you never know as some functionality may be there without anyone knowing about it.

#Norman, I know how to retrieve values for an attribute. I am looking for a way to set a filter automatically when retrieving identities in the Manage tab.

Regards,

Ridouan 

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ridouan,

I completely understand. OSS note will give you your confirmation, but I think you're stuck.

Matt