cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Central auto reaction: FilesystemPercentageUsed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

We are using ccms based auto reaction methods for all the satellite systems.

We installed sapccm4x agents on all the satellite systems and set up the auto reaction methods via RZ21.

For the MTE class FilesystemPercentageUsed we get every 5 minutes a new alert and following a new auto reaction (mail).

Question

Is it possible to avoid these alert flooding?

We only would like to get ONE alert when the alert has changed its color to GREEN to YELLOW.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

jon_friesen2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

This behavior surprises me because for numerical metrics ("performance" rather than text/message MTEs) only one alert should be created, when the threshold is crossed, and the AutoReaction should trigger only once, when the status of the alert changes from ACTION REQUIRED to ACTIVE.  This was always a complaint about CCMS (it will not "nag" you if your filesystem stays full).  SAP introduced CCMS nagging functionality in note 1641156 (and note 1700696) and I am wondering if it has been enabled in your autoreaction method.

If you don't see CCMS_COMPLETE_ALERT = X in the parameters tab of your autoreaction method, then there is something going wrong.  Either you are creating multiple alerts (which you would see if you highlight the MTE and press the Open Alerts --> Display Alerts buttons), or the same alert is constantly re-triggering the same Autoreaction method (in which case you would see the alert with a persistent "ACTION REQUIRED" status instead of switching to ACTIVE).  I'm not sure what would cause either of these scenarios but you might see something interesting in sapccm4x.log, dev_sapccm4x, or in the job log of SAP_CCMS_CENSYS_DISPATCHER or SAP_CCMS_CENSYS_EVENT_REPEATER. 

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That is how CCMS behaves, alert until the problem is fixed.

The new method using SMD agents and the MAI infrastructure, you get 1 email notification about the event.  The only time you would get repeat events would be if the problem resolved and then triggered the threshold again in a short amount of time.