cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Posting of component serial numbers from ME to ERP

ano0p
Participant
0 Kudos

Has anybody sucessfully managed to post component serial numbers to ERP via the yield confirmation request workflow upon confirmation of appropriate operations? The help document requires that the XSLT file be modified but we have not met with any success.

SAPMEINT reports SFC numbers consumed during the assembly. To report serial numbers of the consumed components, change the outbound XSLT file.

We are currently using ME 6.0.2 and MII 12.2.4.

Thanks!

Anoop.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

MiguelSanchez
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Anoop,

I have heard about it but I have not tested it myself:

- Include data field ERP_SERIAL_NUMBER to the Data To Collect On Assembly of the component

- During assembly, collect your component serial number

- Complete SFC at Operation, the yield confirmation should contain the component serial number

In hope it helps,

Miguel

former_member186078
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Anoop,

Miguel is correct. We did tested this scenario using ERP_SERIAL_NUMBER data field on one of the data field assignment of Assembly point collection. It did work for us.

We do see the goods movement document created on ERP side and got the serial number assigned to it.

Thanks,

Adithya K

former_member182330
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Anoop,

What exactly is not working for you? Are you editing XSLT and it doesn't work as you extect or u simply don't know hot to edit/substitute standard XSLT with modified one? Please elaborate more on the actual problem.

Br,

Konstantin

ano0p
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Konstantin,

I have edited the XSLT and made the substitution on workflow configuration but it doesn't work as expected. I think I haven't got the modification right. The standard XSLT bit for relevant for serial numbers is:

<IT_GOODSMVT_SERIALNUMBER>

<item>

<MATDOC_ITM>1</MATDOC_ITM>

<xsl:choose>

<xsl:when test="string(sch:wipIdentifier/sch:serialNumber)">

<SERIALNO><xsl:value-of select="sch:wipIdentifier/sch:serialNumber"/></SERIALNO>

</xsl:when>

<xsl:otherwise>

<SERIALNO><xsl:value-of select="sch:wipIdentifier/sch:sfc"/></SERIALNO>

</xsl:otherwise>

</xsl:choose>

<UII></UII>

</item>

</IT_GOODSMVT_SERIALNUMBER>

This works for 101 movement. But for 261, whats the equivalent of sch:wipIdentifier/sch:serialNumber?

Or is there a different/better way of doing this?

Thanks!

Anoop

former_member182330
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Helloe Anoop,

I would just check the outgoing XML from ME when confirmation is triggered and see what information is available there. If what you need is included - then edit XSLT accordingly to map required serial number into BAPI call. Otherwise, some enhancement on Me side may be required to send that information.

Regards,

Konstantin