cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mapping issue after upgrade to 7.31 SP08

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

After upgrade to 7.31 SP08 we find that all our scenarios involving mapping fail with

"RuntimeException during appliction Java mapping com/sap/xi/tf/_<Name of message mapping>_ Thrown: com.sap.aii.utilxi.misc.api.BaseRuntimeException: while trying to invoke the method javax.xml.parsers.SAXParserFactory.newSAXParser() of a null object loaded from static field com.sap.aii.mappingtool

...etc...

There are no java mappings/UDF involved, only pure simple message mappings.

Are we missing a java component after upgrade or have we forgotten to activate some java function/libray, e.g. in NWA?

Appreciate all inputs!

regards Ole

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

marksmyth
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello all,

SAP have identified a mapping bug in 7.31 SP07/SP08. It looks to be the same bug which is being discussed in this thread. I will update the thread when the note is released for this. It will probably take at least 1 week for the fix to be tested and released.

Regards

Mark

marksmyth
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello all,

The fix for this error has been updated in SAP Note 1650212 Java Based XLST Mapping Fails in ESR Test. So far, only the 7.31 SP08 fix is available. The 7.31 SP07 fix is currently being tested and should be available in the next few days.

Regards

Mark

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Solved by SAP note 1650212

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

i am facing same issue, how you re solved it??

regads,

chinna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Still in contact with SAP for this issue

Ole

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ole,

Can you pls check with your basis team.It seems transport is not properly done as the result it is not able to find the mapping and throwing the error.Make sure all the things are the activated and check it once again.

It will work.

Regards,

Abhi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ole,

all graphical mappings are translated by the system intho Java code, so all mappings are Java mappings. Your error message looks like the system can't find the mapping (it tries to invoke a SAX parser object on an object that is null, if I understand correctly). Have you checked on the file system whether that file is there? Have you tried to change something in the mapping and activate it forcing the system to write the file again?

That's not the root cause, of course, just a thought of how to get more information.

Regards,

Jörg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thank you

Yes, you are correct, but when searching the forum for similar cases all are related to java-udf's, so it was just to underline that nothing "special" was added to our mappings

We haven't checked the file system and I am not sure what file to look for. I have looked through the trace, but no hint. Do you have any idea?

We would like to change the mapping, but this is in QA system which is locked for editing and this issue did not happen in DEV environment after upgrade, so we can't test there either...

regards Ole

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ole,

I would search for a directory like the one the error message gives you:

com/sap/xi/tf/_<Name of message mapping>_

I haven't done that before, but I'm sure you can find out where the mappings are on your system.

But if this is on Q and didn't happen in D, chances are higher something went wrong during the upgrade. Have you compared the two systems? Development components and system components, for example? You find them in NWA.

Regards,

Jörg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ole,

We are facing same issue ,We upgarded to PI 7.31 SP8 .Please let me know if you have any solution for this issue.

Thanks,

Madhu