cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No BOM explosion in production order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts;

I'm testing a scenario for production with variant configuration, not in the level of sales... and here are the steps:

1- I created a configurable material X with type KMAT, and I created a Configuration profile for this material, with multilevel BOM explosion checked, and all the required settings.

2- I created super BOM with class nodes and some selection conditions and super Routing with no dependencies.

3- I created a finished product Y with type FERT, this one is Configured with all values, and the reference is material X.

4- By testing the configuration simulation for the configurable material X with the values assigned to material Y.. class nodes were replaced perfectly with the needed materials.

5- when creating a production order for the Configured material Y ... it stated that no valid routing, and no valid BOM.

I dunno why the tested BOM in the simulation is not copied to the production order..

Does anyone has any clue ?!

Thank you very much.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ahmed Elshafei,

I didnt seen your point no 5 , you are creating production order for Y whihc is material variant of X.

5- when creating a production order for the Configured material Y ... it stated that no valid routing, and no valid BOM.

Although you are not creating a sales order here but while creating production order BOM and routing of configurable material will be picked , if your settings link it correctly.

Have you allocated this material variant to BOM and routing of your configurable material?

Transaction: CS40 for creating link to configurable materail.

Transaction CA02 for material assignment

Please go through document i created earlier on Material variant. Hope it will be usefull for comparing your settings.

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-31570

Hope it will solve your issue.

Thanks

Ritesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you
It's all working now

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you are welcome.

Also if you have gone through document i mention,

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-31570. Please do rate and comment if its usefull.

Thanks

Ritesh

mohameds1988
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Ritesh,

i followed your steps but i got this error while reading the master data in the production order "

BOM for material 4000181 does not contain any valid items"

and i cannot continue the order .. also notice that this material is variant from configurable and i used class nodes in the bom of the configurable

BR,

Mohamed Salah

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Mohamed Salah,

Can you please open a new thread and explain you VC structure and expectation from setup as well as the issue you are facing. Please do not put replies in closed thread by other members,If you see any similarity in old thread please use there link in your post. Please open and new thread with information i requested, you will get more favorable replies.

Thanks

Ritesh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ahmed Elshafei,

There can be many reasons, lets check one by one.

In configuration profile what BOM explosion type you have input?, maintain PP01 is using IDES for this testing.

Whats usage of BOM ?

Check and revert back.

Hope it may help you.

Thanks

Ritesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear @Ritesh_Dube

Im using PP01, and BOM usage 1

Thanks