cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retrofit: how to transport changes from implementation to maintenance landscape

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a problem with retrofit and transportation of changes configuration.

I'm managing the following scenario:

IMPLEMENTATION LANDSCAPE:

EC1:100 [DEV2] --> EC1:200 [TST2] --> EC2:300 [PROD]

MAINTENANCE LANDSCAPE:

EC2:100 [DEV1] --> EC2:200 [TST1] --> EC2:300 [PROD] with a link from EC2:100 to EC1:100 for RETROFIT

I manage to transport changes from MAINT to IMPL thanks to retrofit and from both to production system (EC2:300), and everything is ok with Cross Systems Object Locking (CSOL) too.

The problem is when I try to transport changes from IMPL to MAINT.

I'd like to transport changes from IMPL not directly in PROD, but in DEV1 (EC2:100) first.

To do this, I tried to create a Transport Route from EC1:200 to EC2:100 (instead of EC1:200 --> EC2:300), but doing this CSOL doesn't work anymore.

Do you have some tips to help me solve this issue?

Thank you in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a problem with retrofit Functionality.

I configured Retrofit Functionality in Solution manager, For testing purpose i have taken below landscape.

Maintenance Landscape -> SID100 ->SID100->SID100

Implementation Landscape -> SID300 -> SID300

A)Testing for Auto Import in Retrofit Functionality.

1) I am trying to transport changes from Maint to Impl landscape i.e SID100 -> SID300.

2) For testing i have done few changes in table and created a transport request in SID100 (for example SIDK900910) and released the task and TR from tasklist, TOC SIDK900912 got generated with the changes.

3) Created a transport request in SRD300 Retrofit system (for example SIDK900913).

4) Now I executed Retrofit from TR SIDK900910 to SIDK900913 this is executing without any errors.

5) Then when I go into SID300 and check in TR SIDK900913 changes are not getting captured in TR. But the changes are getting reflected in table.

Could some one please help to get this resolved ?.

I am getting no entries popup when i check Transaction code /n/tmwflow/lockmon

Regards

GSR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Has anyone some other ideas to how solve the issue?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To do this, I tried to create a Transport Route from EC1:200 to EC2:100 (instead of EC1:200 --> EC2:300), but doing this CSOL doesn't work anymore.

CSOL works when the object is developed in the development system and when you try to release it does the check. But you are trying to use it in quality system where the request is just forwarded not developed. So it will not work.

My thought

Thanks

Rishi Abrol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Angelo Mosca,

Please check the CSOL scenario in below path for case1, case2 and case3

https://websmp201.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700000413472011E

CSOL will handle for between Development system and in development client.

For Retrofit:

MAINT to IMPL ,  u have defined the system in logical component as below

https://websmp202.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700000931982011E

So if u try for  IMPL to Maint retrofit create in different project cycle with appropriate system in logical component.

if u want to move TR's from Imp to Main landscape, Retrofit functinality will create the TR of copies from Ec1:100 and move to EC2:100

Rg,

Karthik

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

i was much interested to knw, why you push for EC1:200 to EC1:100 ( QA Implementation to Dev Maintenance)?? can you share the use case?  t should be via PRD EC2:300 ???

However for retrofit, make sure you activated CSOL for EC1:100 ( as per your scenario, considered as retrofit system) and also you activate csol for solman too.

you may get details steps of csol and

section CSOL activation,

Thanks

Jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rishi,

thanks for you reply.

I would like to add that CSOL doesn't work even if i release a TR in EC1:100 or in EC2:100, that are DEV systems.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jansi,

In section 1.2.6 of the link http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-41654 you suggested to me, you can find the configuration I asked about:

DV2->QA2->DV1->QA1->PRD

Can someone help me about to configure system landscape to obtain this as result?

Thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

yes, thats why i suggested , even Rquel in the comments also asking for scenario test of same as yours. i want to knw te business usecase here. can you share?

Have you done the steps given in the guide itself??

Thanks

Jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have already followed that guide performing all steps when setup retrofit functionalities in the standard case (only retrofit from MAINT to IMPL) and everything went well.

Now I'm trying to setup this new configuration (to transfer changes from IMPL to MAINT) simply to test it for future implementation and use, but I have some doubts about TMS and Logical Components configuration to obtain result discussed above.