cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(SMARTFORMS) ZEBRA printer - Data Matrix (RS, GS and EOT)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey together,

I’m using a Data Matrix on my Label and print it to a ZEBRA printer (Model: Zebra 220xi4, SAP type: LZEB3).

This works quite well.

I compile the content of the barcode in the SMARTFORMS form.

The Data Matrix requires some ASCII control characters (RS, GS and EOT).

Name            Char           Dec          Hex         Description

EOT              ^D          04                04             End of Transmission

RS                   ^^                    30                1E           Record Separator

GS                   ^]                    29         1D           Group Separator.

Example:

[)>RS06GSF01001PGS1JUN1234567890123456GS12546RSEOT

I’m using for the control characters:

RS           =     \x1E

GS      =     \x1D

EOT        =     \x04

The control characters are not interpreted by the printer but instead printed in plaintext.

Can you help me and tell me how the control characters must be expressed to be recognized by the Zebra printer?

Thanks,

Jessie

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member183924
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jessica,

I don't have seen a DMC Barcode in pure ABAP (SAP Script/SMARTFORMS) yet, but you could try this . Or this:

Maybe it works, unfortunately I didn't have tested it in my own environment.

--

Steffen

alexander_bolloni
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Jessica,

since Datamatrix barcode symbology is not directly supported by SAP's LZPL printer driver used by LZEB3 device type, I assume you are printing the Datamatrix barcode using "direct" barcode output via print controls (for the Zebra barcode printer command) from SAP. I assume you have added this barcode plus print controls containing ZPL2 printer commands to the device type.

In this case, the special escape sequences as described in SAP note 645158  for the driver-supported symbologies do not apply, so I checked the Zebra ZPL2 command reference.

I looked up the info on the ^BX command for the Datamatrix barcode symbology. There it says that you can embed arbitrary ASCII chars in your ^FD (field data) text by using the special notation:

_dNNN

where NNN is the decimal code of the character you want to insert. It must be three digits long, so add leading zeros.

For RS this would be _d030, for GS it would be _d029 and for EOR it is _d004

Try it out and see if this helps.

Best regards,

Alexander

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jessica,

Can you please let me know how to script the Datamatrix barcode in the printer language for ZEBRA primter...That will be really helpful...