cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WDR_SELECT_OPTIONS: meaning of the standard buttons?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi WDA fans,

I cannot understand the meaning of the standard buttons of the WDR_SELECT_OPTIONS components.

I'm in SP10 and what I understood is:

- Cancel : I do not understand it and it does not clear my ranges

- Check : I do not understand it and it does not return any error message (eg. a ranges between BBB and AAA)

- Reset : OK it is clear and it works fine

- Copy : it should be Apply (from another Thread) and it seems something like Execute. It returns error messages

Could you briefly explain?

Sergio

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thomas_szcs
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sergio,

Cancel and Execute/(Apply) ("copy" is a translation error from german to english) are connected to events that should be catched by the surrounding application as follows:

- Cancel: Abort, go back to a previous application screen, etc

- Apply: Execute the query

The other two buttons "check" and "reset" are internal buttons and have the following meaning:

- Reset: Clears all range tables in all selection fields

- Check: Performs the same checks as if a user pressed enter (mandatory fields

filled, etc)

It's possible to hide unwanted buttons by calling set_global_options( ). It's even possible to remove all buttons and to place your own buttons above or below the select options component. In order to support such a scenario, if_wd_select_options offers methods to trigger reset/check.

Best regards,

Thomas

SergioFerrari
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Now it's clear.

One more thing I noted testing the component (SP10): the "Check" doesn't report error messages (eg. High less than Low) but Apply returns the same error situation....

Thanks a lot Thomas.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sergio,

If i look at things from your view point then i would agree with you. But this is how I look at those buttons, this does not mean that i disagree with you

- Cancel : Treat it as a 'Close' button .. it just means you do not want to copy the data but it certainly does not mean that you would like to clean your present selection ..

- Check : No idea about this one .. havent used it

- Reset : This could have been 'Refresh' as well

- Copy : This is one of the names that could have been used .. 'Apply' is another option and so is 'Transfer Data'

Execute. This as well i need to have a look before giving my views ..

Regards,

Anoop

SergioFerrari
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Anoop,

Trying to summarize:

- Cancel : it is just an EVENT that has to be managed by the embedding component

- Check : ?!? still an open issue

- Reset : 'Refresh' all the ranges

- Copy : 'Apply' / 'Transfer Data' / 'Execute'

- Execute? - Sorry, I was not clear. I tried to say that Copy is something like 'DO EXECUTE' the query. It is not a button.

Sergio