Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JDBC to RFC Asynchronous issue

former_member460664
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have received 2 records from SQL server. One record is processed successfully by RFC receiver adapter. I am getting the following error while executing the 2nd record.

"" TYPE='E', Message (ID:M3, NUMBER:682): "Batch RMA of material SDCZ50-008G-B35 is already locked by XXXXXX", LOG_NO:, LOG_MSG_NO:000000 (PARAMETER:GOODSMVT_ITEM, ROW:1, FIELD:, SYSTEM:)""

I have received same material code for both the records. I have understood that this problem is with standard BAPI (BAPI_GOODSMVT_CREATE). While executing first record, second record with the same material code has tried to execute. With out changing existing BAPI, can I overcome this issue?

XML data from sender as follows

<row>

<CreatedOn>2013-09-25 12:11:56</CreatedOn>

<FromBranchCode>2200</FromBranchCode>

<SLoc>RLAM</SLoc>

<Quantity>1</Quantity>

<VendorCode>5020102785</VendorCode>

<ProductCode>SDCZ50-008G-B35</ProductCode>

<SerialNo/>

<NotificationId>174</NotificationId>

</row>

<row>

<CreatedOn>2013-09-25 12:11:56</CreatedOn>

<FromBranchCode>2200</FromBranchCode>

<SLoc>RLAM</SLoc>

<Quantity>1</Quantity>

<VendorCode>5020102785</VendorCode>

<ProductCode>SDCZ50-008G-B35</ProductCode>

<SerialNo/>

<NotificationId>175</NotificationId>

</row>

Thanks in advance..

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashok,

In RFC code, besides using the BAPI_TRANSACTION_COMMIT also use the function 'ENQUEUE_READ' to check if that object isn´t locked.

Regards.

ambrish_mishra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ashok,

Material getting locked is a common scenario. Normally in live environment, scehduled batch jobs in production environment would re-process these messages and they will be taken care off.

However, I remember we used T code OMJI in ECC and used late exclusive block with a waiting time of 10 seconds to avoid such a scenario.

Please look into it and discuss with MM consultant in your project if there is no adverse impact.

Cheers,

Ambrish

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ashok,

From my point of view, you can try two options:

1. Check BAPI transaction commit in the adapter. (BAPI_TRANSACTION_COMMIT http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi71/helpdata/en/c8/e80440a832e369e10000000a155106/content.htm?framese...)

2. Make a RFC to wrap the bapi and to make a COMMIT WORK after the bapi call in the abap code.

In this way you can avoid that any object keep blocked in the second call.

Regards.