cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot get the cube from the Connection error (WIS 0000)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

one of our user is facing the below error - 

when he try  to use a bex query in a bo tool.  When I launch the application i got the following error : Cannot get the cube from the Connection error (WIS 0000) .  The bex query is working fine after solving the problem with the incorrect customer exit in BI3.  So my BO error remains;

Please advice regarding this

With Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys ,

I have informed about all the steps adviced above to user.created a new bex query as input for a webi report. Attached is the steps followed by user but still he is getting some error.

Please follow the steps given below.

I want to ask one more thing - as i am a basis consultant so is it fuctional issue or technical one.

Do i have to make any changes on technical sides.

former_member182470
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have gone through your screen shots. WEBI does not find some variables. You can see in the eeror message. Can you go through this doc and analyze your issue?

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-35444

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the point put forward by Sandeep in this thread ::

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3390755

Br,

Arpit

Prabhith
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

From your above screnshots, I understand that you have variables for controlling area and fiscal year. and both those variables are created in the default area pane of Bex.

Please be informed that the variables/restrictions provided at the default area will work only in BW and not in BO. BO will ignore those variables.

Try creating the variables at the characteristic restriction pane or at the column pane.

Kindly do the above mentioned step and please  let me know if you still face the issue in BO side.

BR

Prabhith

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

KamalMehta
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

1. Make sure the connection between the BO and BW works properly . It doesn't get broken.

2. Make sure Webi report is pointing to the correct Bex Report assuming you are using BICS.

3. Regenerate your Bex Query .

If still doesn't resolve delete and rebuilt the connection again to the required Bex Report.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please read my comment and advice.

Prabhith
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are using a BICS connection, once all the changes are done in Bw side, regenerate the query using RSRT. Check the result and ensure everything is fine as expected.

Go the corresponding webi of that Bex query, go to edit -> Change source option and point your webi again to the same bex query and refresh. Hope that should solve your problem.

If that don't work again, then you might have to create  a new webi on top of that Bex query.

BR

Prabhith

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

former_member182470
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Ok. There were some changes taken place in your query but not reflecting in BO. Regenerate your query in RSRT.

Check the connectivity between BO and BEx. Ensure everything is Ok. Get into change mode of universe and connect to this query once. Finally check the reflection happening or not?

Regards,

Suman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,