Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[ChaRM] Importing individual transports based on change document status

luigi_co
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi experts!

We would like to implement charm  in a way that importing transports can be done in the project task list in a ‘selective’ manner.

Is it possible to configure the import program in the task list to allow importing per transport (not all transports in the project) based on a specific change document status?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hello Luigi,

in SAP Change Control Management - which includes both: ChaRM and QGM - the smallest consistent entity for us is a "Change".

A "Change" in ChaRM means a Change Document (Normal or Urgent, ...) - in QGM it means the QGM-Change document (bundling entity for several Transports).

Even with the new flexible import features (status dependent, future: selective import) we will not support the free selection of any kind of transports of a change. You will only be able to define (via customizing or manually) which changes you would like to import.

The reason for this is that the change itself should be a consistent package. As Karthik already pointed out, if you need to take your change apart use the "decouple" and "assign" features.

Hope this information helps you. More information about these features can also be found in the online documentation of ChaRM:

Best regards

Tobias

bruenu
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Tobias

When I saw the last five years into the Solution Manager and ChaRM...also in our company ( they spent $$$ in a not working well tool and consultants), so I'm happy still to use a Tool as same as theGuard from Realtech, Transport express, etc.

best regards

Bruno

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Luigi Co,

In ChaRM from SP05 , we have an option to add or delete the TR's from the change document It will help to controll the release from Dev -> QAS.

But transport import sequence will take care by tasklist action.

As prakhar stated, please give more details on the requirement.

Rg,

Karthik

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

if you use Urgent corrections they are imported based upon status only.

Normal corrections are imported based upon project cycle or phase and therefore imported in bulk.

I am not sure if you want to do something else...can you please elaborate your requirement and why you want to do this

Regards

Prakhar

luigi_co
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Prakhar/Karthik,

Apologies for the lack of details..

Here are the details.

• We are using the import program: /TMWFLOW/SCMA_TRORDER_IMPORT in the project task list to import TPs in change documents that are in a specific status.

• What happens is it imports ALL TPs that are in change documents of a specific status.
  • What we are finding is a way to select which TPs we would want to import based on a change document status. (For example, a change document is in a status "E0001", and has 5 TPs. Among the 5 TPs, we would only want to import 1 out of the 5 TPs)

Is there a way to do this in ChaRM? Let me know if further details are needed.

Thanks!

Luigi Co

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

yes this is posible. check out

and sap notes 1708987 and 1854177.

Thanks

Jansi

luigi_co
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jansi,

Thanks for that one. But the note attached allows you to do status dependent importing. But if you execute the program in the tasklist, it would import ALL TPs that are in a paritcular status.

What I am trying to find out is if there is a way to select which TPs you want to import. And not just import all of them at once.

Thanks!

Luigi