cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GATP product substitution procedure - not getting expected behavior

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All:

In the product substitution procedure (rule determination), I have tried the following:

product substitute product

part-a part-b

part-c part-a.

and then I saved it. When I simulated the rule through "evaluate rule" in rule maintenance, the system picked up all three parts: part-a, part-b, and part-c. I thought that this should not have happened (system should have thrown an error). Please let me know of any thoughts/suggestions. Thanks.

Satish Vadlamani

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

System may have behaved correctly...

You have not provided Qty & stock details ...

as your substitution rule is based on the QTY Required and Stock available.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The post by Mohan VR was a helpful answer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish

It seems you must have used type 1 network structure procedure. If you use type 0 procedure, it will take a sequential list of products to make substitutions. If you use type 2 fan shaped you can have a multiple substitutions for a given product.

this is the expected result if you configure as you described because what you see is only the evaluation of rule where the ordered list of all substitutions will be displayed.

if you evaluate the rule by giving part-a, it will give the ordered list starting with part-a, then its valid substitution, followed by the next product in procedure, i.e part-c . Also this order depends on the rule control where you must have set "work forward from input,cyclic". try different rule controls and you will see the difference. e.g use work forward from input and you see for part-a only part-b will come, for part-c both part-b and part-a will be listed, and for part-b only part-b will be listed as theres no substitution for this product.

Hope this information is sufficient. Ask me if you want any more details

Regards

Mohan V R