cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to disable message "NwSapSetup is establishing a connection..."

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good Morning, is there a way to disable this message on the client pc?

We use the logon script method in order to install/upgrade the sapgui on client PC's in this form:

\\sap_distribution_server\sapserver_share\setup\NWSAPSetup.exe /package:sapgui_730 /silent

But still the message appears when a user log into the windows system.

Is there a way to disable it?

Thank you very much.

Best Regards.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Have you tried adding /nodlg to the script?

\\sap_distribution_server\sapserver_share\setup\NWSAPSetup.exe /package:sapgui_730 /silent /nodlg

Regards,

Jude

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you vry much for your reply.

I had added /nodlg at the end of the string but still the message appears.

Any idea?

Best Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had the same issue on some of our clients, too.

I created a .bat like this:

net use \\sapguiserver\netshare

\\sapguiserver\netshare\setup\NwSapSetup.exe /install /package="730"

When I run this batch script the message didnt show up anymore.

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The "establishing a connection" message indicates that your clients don't have local administrator rights to their workstations and so are using LSH (which apparently you have configured).  If your users are local admins, then they won't see this message.

The /silent and /nodlg switches are related to each other, with /silent hiding all progress windows for a "silent" installation and /nodlg displaying the window but proceeding without requiring (or allowing) any user input (they can't even cancel, except with the Task Manager).  We use the /nodlg option here, as I want the users to know what's happening, but otherwise have nothing else to do.  These options are for the nwsapsetup.exe program, however, so apparently they have no effect on the LSH dialog.  LSH uses NwSapSetupDs.exe, from the /setup/DS subfolder, so perhaps it has its own switches?  I'm not sure how you'd call them, though.

--Matt