cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference b/n WSDL generated from sender aggrement and tools option from menu bar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am developing a SOAP- PI- PROXY scenario. Now i have to give WSDL file and end point URL to endusers at sender system to consume my webservice.

There are two ways to generate WSDL ie., 1) from sender aggrement and 2) Tools option in menu bar.

I have choosen the Tools option from menu bar and selected url in the formathttp://host:port/XISOAPAdapter/MessageServlet?channel=party:service:channel and generated the wsdl file. At the end of the wsdl file i found the location like http://host:port/XISOAPAdapter/MessageServlet?channel=:CSLDEV_ED5:TPT_SOAP_SND_TradingOrderRequestCSL&version=3.0.... When i test this end point location url in browser, i can see a message as Message Servlet is in Status OK.

1) What does this mean ?

Even if i include ?wsdl at the end of the above url in a browser, i can't see the structure of the message.

2) How can i see the structure of the message

Later i have generated the wsdl from sender aggrement option. Here it shows wsdl url as http://host:port/dir/wsdl?p=sa/dd710cb655393512b0d1f92874ccb307 and end point location as http://host:port/XISOAPAdapter/MessageServlet?senderParty=&senderService=CSLDEV_ED5&receiver...in last part of wsdl file.

3) What is the difference between these two methods or types of generating wsdl file.

4) Which wsdl url should i give it to end user at sender system.

Regards

Koti Reddy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Koti,

in my opinion the two ways of getting a WSDL are not the same as yours. The first one is from the Service Interface in ESR. This one would be without endpoints. The second is from Sender Agreement in ID as you said. This one is the valid one, since it contains endpoints. I'm not sure where you access that tool menu, but it looks like what you called was the endpoint of the service, not the WSDL location. So the address you mention under 2) should be the correct location.

The response you see under 1) "Message Servlet is in status OK" just means that the service received an empty HTTP request and is answering that it is up and running.

You don't need to register the service in Service Registry for the end users. It is enough to send them the WSDL you get from the Sender Agreement. However, it may help them if they have access to the WSDL whenever they like (and whenever a change happens or they want an up-to-date version).

Regards,

Jörg

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi koti,

3) What is the difference between these two methods or types of generating wsdl file.

As far as i know with the second one, from sender agreement,  you can change the communication channel without later changes in the wsdl, however witt the first option if you change the communication channel you would need to change the wsdl.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Inaki Vila,

Thanks for your reply.

If the end users has to consume my webservice, is it mandatory that i should register the WSDL URL in Service Registry ?

Regards

Koti Reddy

ambrish_mishra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I dont think it is mandatory but a good practice.

Ambrish

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Koti,

It isn't mandatory, even the below 7.1 versions didn't have the service registry. However, it's a good practice to publish the webservice in the service registry, you will have a better control of the state and the number of webservices and for application consumers  like .net, it will be easy to develop its interfaces.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Koti,

You need to use a SOAP client to get the structure of the SOAP web service (i.e. SOAP UI or use the Web Services Navigator).

Both WSDL files should be ok. However take care that there are no special characters in the URL. Usually when the endpoint is available in the WSDL file (with binding) then it should work.

Best Regards

Harald